Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HELP!!!!, Boat wont start stuck at the ramp

First day out today, boat started fine everytime home with the fake a lake, But the rear in the water, turn the key, boat started and stopped after 15 sec. Now, fuel pump doesnt engage, starter doesnt engage, All switch are working fine, ie: bildge pump, radio. The RPM gauge stop at 500 rpm and stayed there. Now turning the switch and nothing, no depth sounder and no gauges are working. Luckily the boat stayed on the trailer and was able to get off the ramp. It was swamp with boaters waiting to launch. I checked all the fuse under the helm and everything seems good. Any inputs?????????

Boat is a 2003 Moomba LSV

doesnt have a kill switch. have about 180 hrs on engine. was working perfectly fine in the driveway until i backed her up in the water and started her up ,then.........nothing. dead, kapout. Both batteries are plugged overnight on the charger. ignition switch connections are all in, nothing loose, nothing cut or anything. reallyyyyyy weird
    Last edited by kojack; 07-02-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Are you sure that you don't have a "kill switch" lanyard on the side of the panel near the throttle? I don't think it is your problem, but it will stop the boat from starting.

Under the passenger seat, there is a circuit breaker panel. Make sure that it is reset. If it trips, there is a "breaker bar" that must be reset. It is a little plastic arm on the bottom of the CB panel. It must be closed.

That's all I can think of now.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

nope, 03 doesn't have lanyard. All breaker are good. All accessory works. I've noticed that the bildge breaker will jump. I checked everything and it looks fine. Now bildge switch works good, but don't think that was the problem. Also now, there is no power to the ignition switch. Trying to figure why now. All fuses looks good.
    Last edited by kojack; 07-02-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Well, I crawled under the helm with the tester, All checks out. Power to all accessory but when i checked the 12v prong, nothing. you have 4 connectors heading to the starter switch.

1) 12V - Red
    2) ? doesn't remember- Yellow/Red
    3) Acc - Purple
    4) Ground - Black

I can't see why power wouldn't go to those prongs. There is no breaker on the way, no fuses, I can't see that this switch panel would go wrong suddendly for no reason. Also checked at the starter and power is going there. So basically, power goes everywhere but the starter switch. Main 50 Amp breaker on engine is not tripped.

Weeeiiirrrddddddd
    Last edited by kojack; 07-02-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Well checked the power at the starter, good, exiting the starter to the ignition. Dud, nothing, So its most likely the starter selenoid fuse that's shot.

Well so you know, there is no fuse on the selenoid. It's my 50Amp fuse that's stuck and no impedance going thru. Hopefully i can get one tomorrow.

There ya go. Head to the automotive store and pick up a few more as you still will need to see what caused it to blow.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I think it was just due, It's a circuit breaker by the distribitor. If it jumped you just reset it. Its stuck out, doesn't want to move at all. No automotive store will cary those parts. Have to order from Moomba in Quebec, I'm a province under, over Nova scotia and beside PEI. It's all seized up, most likely all corroded inside and weak, it's an 03' so i think he did his job. I touched the 2 wires coming out the of breaker, listen nothing, turn the key, the fuel pump kicked in. Noooooowwww I am happy Now just looking around to find one as:

1) No moomba dealer in the province, closest dealer is 12 hours away.
    2) I'm surrounded by sailers, boaters and fishermen and was able to find 4 skiboat in the Province, a 02 TIGE, a 00' Nautique, a 08 mastercraft, and a 03' Moomba, when we pull in the dock its like a UFO just landed.

Where's the stern? dont have any
    How many horse? 325
    Heeeyyy that thing most fly, what does it do? 55-60 such a small boat?
    What's the big rack on the side? You have a propeller like our huge fishing boat.

Ooookkkk People, It's called a wakeboard boat!! A what??

Nevermind.

Those discussion doesnt only happen at the dock boat at boat repair shop also.

Yaaaaa I'm Canadian and live in a hole, but im surrounded by water.
    Last edited by kojack; 07-03-2011 at 08:45 PM.

Love that last part! Great post!
    2004 MOBIUS LSV
    2008 Tacoma