Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Long overdue trailer lovin

Followed SandM's footsteps so to speak and gave my trailer some long overdue lovin. I had a dent in the fender and paint scuffed off for, I'm ashamed to admit, a couple years. Always meant to get to it and I finally did.

I was worried about finding a good paint match. Looked around at auto shops, paint shops, was going to have a custom mix done. Then of all things would you believe that John Deere Yellow is a PERFECT MATCH!

Finished it off with some new hydroturf to replace the old sandpaper type skid steps on it that were looking pretty sad.n Also swapped out the grommet from the light to the correct/matching one that should have been there all along.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

My steps on the rear of the trailer were looking pretty sad as well as the paint on the guide poles. Gave them some lovin as well. Touched up the paint and new pads/covers for the guide poles should be arriving shortly.

Used the same hydroturf to replace the sandpaper stuff. I thought about going with SeaDek but decided since these steps take a lot of abuse that the hudroturf would hold up better.

I thought about swapping out all the lights and going full LED on the trailer but I just couldn't justify it since all the lights still work just fine. For now anyway...

This would have been my fifth year running with no spare of any kind. None whatsoever! Figured my luck would run out eventually so I got a spare and tire. Went with just a basic Fulton spare mount and a plain white modular wheel. I'm thinking of throwing a tire cover over it so I didn't care much if it was chrome since you'd hardly see it. If the Fulton mount starts to weather I may try painting it with the good old John Deere yellow. I've heard you can't get paint to stick to galvanized metal but I think this thing is zinc plated?

I guess the white wheel doesn't look too bad with the rest of the white on the boat.
    Last edited by bergermaister; 07-02-2011 at 02:01 AM.

Lookin' good. There's a reason they call it a "spare". Don't sweat it. I got a UV cover off ebay for $10 just to protect the rubber on the spare.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

lookin good

think I have that same spare mount--painted mine black 2 yrs ago and have not noticed any issue's yet with it
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Nice work Berg, I think the white spare because of it's location actualy looks better then a chrome one would.

I gave my trailer some love last year with all the new tie downs, this year she's getting the Fulton2 jack. Maybe next year she can get some new wheels if I replace the tires, I am going to rotate them this year as the front axle set are pretty worn and scuffed on the edges from turns.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Berg - Nicely done! - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Looks brand new. Great work! John Deere Yellow...............that's crazy

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

looks good
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Nice work, makes it look like new! I have a 2004 Mobius LSV. I need some paint work. I wonder if myYellow is the same John Deere or if there was any color change between those years?
    2004 Mobius LSV