Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gas

Default gas

how much are you guys paying for gas? It just went over 2.30 here in minnesota and is epected to reach 2.50 for memorial day. What a coincidence that gas prices go up when people start driving more.

Default Replying to Topic 'gas'

zihuatanejo
    Have you picked up your boat yet? The ice is pretty much out on Prior Lake now, I know you said you might break it in there before you take it up north. If you take it to the main launch area be careful due to how low the water level is. The sand really forms a pile right off the end of the public dock and with the water as low as it is you might hit your prop. Last year we had to walk out boat out a bit before the water was deep enough to motor away.
    Ryan

Hey,
    Southern NH. $2.05 at Gulf self serve, all others around 2.10. I can't imagine what the marina will be getting. This sucks. Fortunately the jet ski is gone- that thing burned a tank if you looked at it funny.
    Keep smilin'.

Sextons,
    I havn't picked up the boat yet but plan to this week or next, it is at the marina right now they still have to do the dealer prep stuff. I am going to take it out on prior as soon as it is home I will be sure to be carfeull thanks for the heads up. I'll put up a post when I take it out. I know a guy on the lake with a couple of nautiques he wants to look at the moomba and see what it's like it will be interesting to see what he has to say. What boat do you have again? I'll stop by if I see it.

Here in the Atlanta Ga area, I put gas in my boat on Saturday on the way to the lake. $2.19 per gallon for 89 Octane. On the way home on Monday afternoon, it cost me $2.28 per gallon for the same stuff.

Is anyone running 87 Octane in theirs????

How about it Brian (Skiers choice), is it OK to run 87 octane?

These prices are killing me.

Clark
    Clark

2017 Moomba Craz
    Raptor 400
    Pacific Blue / Graphite

1st - 1983 old brown boat - not sure the make
    2nd - 2001 Bayliner 185 4 cyl. Sold
    3rd - 2005 Moomba Möbius LSV. Sold

About $2.20 here. In Washington state you can get a refund on the road tax which is about 20 cents a gallon. I tried one year but the amount of work to keep receipts compared to what you get back is very little. Besides, after they calculate the road tax refund then they add the sales tax instead so it ends up being even smaller refund.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

On the octane issue, last year I went to 87 octane and had no problems. I was really hesitant but I gave it a try and never had a problem. I have a 98 Mobius with a carburated 350 and running on water ranging from 400 - 1500 feet above sea level.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

It was $2.12 here in Tulsa. However at the marina it was $2.49. Needless to say I did not fill up there.

In the Metro Detroit area of Michigan it ranges from $2.25 - $2.40 / gallon. I put gas in my truck yesterday and paid $2.38 (89 octane). I suppose that's still cheaper than what the people in Europe are paying, I have some colleagues that came over from Germany last week and they calculated that a gallon of gas in their home town would equate to $4.50 (US dollars). I sure did like it better when it was under $2.00 / gallon. Is anyone on this board going to cut back on how much they use their boat because of gas prices? Just wondering.
    Jeff
    Dearborn, MI

Paid $2.25 sunday for 89 octane in Alabama. Not planning on cutting back, that's just the cost of doing business.