Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rattle when the boat is idle?? Please help!!

I noticed a rattle today at the lake when the boat was just ideling? It seemed to come from the rear of the boat. When I put it into gear it starts to go away. When I pick up a little speed it goes away. The boat seems to run fine. It almost sounds like something is loose? Any body have any ideas?
    2004 Mobius LSV

I guess it could be a number of things...it is a rattle, or an intermittent sound kinda in tune with the motor, like puck, puck, puck for lack of a better descriptor.....if so, have a look around the exhaust manifold for any drips or leaks. this happened to me and it was a failed manifold gasket at one port ( 4 ports on each side) probably not, but something to look at anyway
    2008 xlv gg 340hp

Could be low on ice and the cans and bottles are bumping into each other.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

No its more of a rattle that will speed up and slow down. Like something were to be coming loose.

I checked the cooler already and it was not that lol!!
    2004 Mobius LSV

check your alternator to make sure the bolts are tight. otherwise listen and try to pin point it , have someone else drive
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Swim platform? Mine did it at idle. When it's doing it stand on the platform. Just what I had with mine.
    Share The Water
    2006 Outback V

Just get it fixed before July 15!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Well looks like I have a another wedding on the 15th and some continuing education on the 16th but I think we will make Sunday. Looking at the noise this evening!!!!
    2004 Mobius LSV

Well that did not go well!! Couple of things-- I think the raddle is coming from the rudder!! I can get under the boat and move it real easy! Is that normal? Also I found I huge hole in the bottom of the hole. It's through the gel coat and into the fiberglass! Is that something I can fix or will I need to have someone else do that? I have no idea where it came from. Any help would be awesome!

If it's not one thing it's another.
    2004 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
    Well that did not go well!! Couple of things-- I think the raddle is coming from the rudder!! I can get under the boat and move it real easy! Is that normal? Also I found I huge hole in the bottom of the hole. It's through the gel coat and into the fiberglass! Is that something I can fix or will I need to have someone else do that? I have no idea where it came from. Any help would be awesome!

If it's not one thing it's another.
    can you post pictures of said hole?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD