Thread: Wakeboard Racks

Default Wakeboard Racks

Anybody ever seen wakeboard racks mounted on top of the tower? Only reason I ask is because mounting my racks on the outside I sometimes have a hard time getting to the boards especially when lots of people in the boat. I thought about mounting something like below on top of my tower. I thought this would be easier to get the boards. Since I could just stand on the sundeck and grab the boards. It was just a thought. Thought I would see what everyone thought. Just have a hard time at times reaching around the tower to get to the boards as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 Mobius LSV

When I bought my boat, the racks were on top. I have actually been thinking of putting them back up there. To get them off, I would stand on top of my engine cover, as mine is a direct drive. It didnt look bad and functioned well.

The only negative I can think off is that it if put boards up there wet, it will drip water into the boat. Guess you can wipe it down first to minimize the drip. But even with the standard rack placement, water drips on the gunnel.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Yeah. Could see that being a problem. During the summer timely Bimini will be open so that will deal with the dripping. When not so many people I might just use the sides ones. Just sometimes I have up to 4 wakeboards, a kneeboard, and surf board. So space can get crowded.
    2006 Mobius LSV

here you go
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart