Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default aware tsc 55 install help?

I got a new aeware tsc 55 black for Dads day. It have the backlit wiring for it. so i am going to move the white no back lit tone o the stern and mount the black one at the helm. anyone have experience wiring the lighetd part Pos, neg and switch wire. Is the best place to do it off the navigation switch with jumpers?

http://shopmarineelectronics.com/mar...tes/tsc_55.htm
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

If you could find the wiring for anything on your dash that lights up with lights on, that might be easier.. (Speedo, Tach, etc)
    mine is not lighted so i didn't cross that bridge..

may require long wire, but one option is to tie into the Anchor light socket that is on the starboard side of boat.. that is where I tied into for my LED's
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Joe, trace your existing remote wires back to the quick connect under the dash and see if there is a 4th wire that is not hooked up. If so, that should be for the backlight. My quick connect has 4 wires that all go to the remote and the backlight is tied to the Nav/ANC switch that way.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Gotta tell ya, when i bought my boat, there was big problems with the kenwood head unit/remote interface. In short, those remotes would not control anything. I was there all day while they tried about 6 different head units and remotes. I wasn't leaving w/o getting what I paid for so they had to go to an electronics store and get a sony head unit and remote. I now have a kenwood " ornament " mounted near the helm, and a VERY nice sony system with lighted remote mounted by the throttle in an even more convenient location....just sayin!!!
    2008 xlv gg 340hp

Quote Originally Posted by 04OUTBACK View Post
    If you could find the wiring for anything on your dash that lights up with lights on, that might be easier.. (Speedo, Tach, etc)
    mine is not lighted so i didn't cross that bridge..

may require long wire, but one option is to tie into the Anchor light socket that is on the starboard side of boat.. that is where I tied into for my LED's
    Brad when did you get LED's

I thought about the anchor light ( which is now a 12v outlet Thanks AL), but i am putting the lighted one in the helm and the white non lighted one on the transom so i only need the remote extensions wire to the back of the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Joe, trace your existing remote wires back to the quick connect under the dash and see if there is a 4th wire that is not hooked up. If so, that should be for the backlight. My quick connect has 4 wires that all go to the remote and the backlight is tied to the Nav/ANC switch that way.
    Good thought i will check that first.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    i am putting the lighted one in the helm and the white non lighted one on the transom
    LOL! Down here you sure don't need to see the transom one from in the water after dark!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Al does your wires look like these?

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Al does your wires look like these?
    Yes, they do.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

great i will trace them out. or look to a close gauge to jump them from. Just waiting for my Y cable, they sent me two 24ft extensions instead.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

great i will trace them out. or look to a close gauge to jump them from. Just waiting for my Y cable, they sent me two 24ft extensions instead.
    Y cable? I just connected both sets of leads (from the two remotes) to the wiring harness under the dash that the original remote was connected to.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV