Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default *2011 Texas Moomba Jam*

The original thread got sidetracked so I thought it may be best to have a new, updated thread with the correct information.

Date: July 15-17 Weekend

Link: http://www.bethycreek.com/

Event: Having some boats get together for a weekend of boarding, surfing, cable park, etc and good times with friends.

Who: Anybody and everybody. Bring your Moomba/Supra/Whatever you got and lets hit the water.

We will be arriving Friday and staying until Sunday afternoon.

rdlangston is the original creator of this event and I will be on his boat. We already have our cabins booked and will be there. Not sure on their availability on cabins at this point, but they do offer tent camping and RV's. Bethy Creek also has a cable park for anyone interested in that.

Please let us know who plans to attend this event as we will try and get some good rates on cable rides, etc.

Thanks,
    Cody

Would love to see a lot of pictures from that weekend.. If there was one of those closer id love to go.. Every time I see a board boat on the water , I'm like a kisd in a candy store.. Eyes glued to it and ever so slowly stalking it in my dads fishing boat lol

I'll be there.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

what is the lake levels like?
    and underwater stump report?

Quote Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
    what is the lake levels like?
    and underwater stump report?
    last i saw livingston is about 3-4 inches low. there are not really any stumps in the river, maybe a couple but you can see them. the cove that bethy creek is in has a few stumps but they are marked and i will show any new comers to the area how to navigate to the cut safely. the cut is only about 3 feet deep so idle through it and you will be fine. looks like there is a chance of rain thursday and friday so that 3-4 inches low may be up to normal pool or 3-4 inches over pool. bethy has a dock where you can park over night or if you prefer you can pull out at night. i will probably just tie up to the dock.

dont pull a rider under any bridges, you will get a ticket, just ask 02 outback. there will be a sanger out there from gulf coast wake association so i figure we can be friendly with them. i have 6 people in my cabin, matt with the supra has 3 as of right now and possible more. i am going to buy a bug zapper this week, figure it will really help keep the bugs away at night!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

are these bridges in the riding area? what are we supposed to do when we get to one? just stop?

i hope your right about the stumps! im still paying for the last one!

The bridge is not in the riding area. It will not effect us in anyway.

The Texas law is that you can't pull a skier within 150 feet of a bridge. I got towed under one last season and my driver got a $500 ticket. Don't do it.

Again, there are no bridges in our riding path.

David - I hope to do some evening surfing if possible on Friday in front of Bethy.

Quote Originally Posted by 02Outback View Post
    The bridge is not in the riding area. It will not effect us in anyway.

The Texas law is that you can't pull a skier within 150 feet of a bridge. I got towed under one last season and my driver got a $500 ticket. Don't do it.

Again, there are no bridges in our riding path.

David - I hope to do some evening surfing if possible on Friday in front of Bethy.
    there are two bridges right next to each other a few miles up river. i usually just ride down river and have never really gone very far past the bridges. the riding area is seriously huge and I do not think that you will be disappointed.

cody, we can def do some evening surfing friday! i need to vacuum the boat out though. its getting nasty.
    David

I plan on leaving my place Friday around 5:30pm. I should be there no later than 7:00.

Matt is pulling his Supra up around the same time as me.

I know you will be there all day already - this will be a good weekend.

Why are you leaving so late? I thought you were taking the day off?
    David