Default Drive shaft packing nut, Custom made wrenches!!!

All, I recently re-packed my drive shaft nut and I was having issues finding the tools to tighten the packing nut and jam nut. My 2005 Mobius LSV the packing nut is 1-15/16" & the jam nut is 1-13/16. My choices were to buy two new wrenches @ $60-$80 a piece and cut them to fit in the hull so I could adjust and tighten them on the water. I ended up getting some custom wrenches made out of 1/4" plate steel, they aren’t too fancy but they work great and were only $80 for the pair. If there is anyone is interested in getting copies of mine made or need a different sized pair made let me know. I can have them made and shipped within a week or two. I will post pictures of the actual wrenches later this evening.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ryan
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

Nice piece. I like your idea.

I am currently using one of the custom aluminum flat wrench (blue anodized), from SKIDM or somewhere. I also bought a plumbing wrench from Sears for the thin nut, as I couldn't find another in the correct sizing for the thin side of the coupler.

Ummh, I just registered to be able to see the pics of the wrenches, but now it just says Attached Thumbnails and is not clickable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutrirm View Post
    . I ended up getting some custom wrenches made out of 1/4" plate steel, they aren’t too fancy but they work great and were only $80 for the pair.
    Nice. I've got a bunch of 1/4" in my garage and was wondering what to do with the leftovers. Great, another project.

I think I can make a few wrenches with that. It's 4 x 4 feet.

I can't see the picture either. How long are they? I know it's a tight fit down there.
    past---------------2003 Outback SOLD
    present------------2006 Supra Launch 21V

Ron

I use an adjustable sink wrench (see below) and channel locks.

http://www.amazon.com/LDR-511-1210-W...ds=sink+wrench

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

That adjustable sink wrench is money! I've gotta get one, Amazon here I come!

Sent from my fourth replacement Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 4...
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

You can also find them in local hardware stores.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I got this jumbo wrench set at the end of last season. I plan to cut the 2" and 1-7/8" ones for use on the prop shaft.

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece...h-set-925.html
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini