Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ignition key blanks

I'm having trouble finding a place that can cut duplicates of my ignition key. The name on the key is "CH" and the number is "704". I know I've read about some that just swap the ignition, but I'm wondering if others are having trouble finding key blanks as well.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

I tried to find some a few years ago, searched everywhere I could think of locally (Lowes, Home Depot, ACE Hardware, ACO Hardware, as well as several locksmiths) and nobody could get a match to the blank. Weird weird weird.

Even the dealer can't order blank keys, they just get them with the ignition. I gave up my search and just leave the key in the ignition, lol.
    2013 Outback V

i had some extras cut a few years ago.. sorry I cant remember where now.. but it wasnt anywhere particularly marine oriented.. try a few shops..

I got in a bind once with no keys and picked up spare ignition set from autozone and it might have been autozone where i got the keys cut..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Wow. I've had them done at HD and Lowes, but I can't remember if that was for the LSV or the older Outback. I'll have to check. If I can't find keys I'll swap out the ignition right away.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I had a similar problem. After about five different trips to various hardware stores, I finally went to a locksmith and he whipped two out for me in less time than it took to walk to the other side of the room. An established locksmith should have no trouble.
    07 Outback V

Replicants are like any other machine - they're either a benefit or a hazard. If they're a benefit, it's not my problem.

Had some made for my boat and just went to the hardware store. They did not have the same blank as my original but they just matched up the pattern on the key and found one that would work. The blank they used was a Hillman Y11.
    04 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Wow. I've had them done at HD and Lowes, but I can't remember if that was for the LSV or the older Outback. I'll have to check. If I can't find keys I'll swap out the ignition right away.
    Yeah, my 06 OBV was no problem, it was either Home Depot or Lowes. I've been to the usual spots for my LSV key, but no luck. I'm going to try a locksmith next. Depending on the price, I may just swap out the ignition.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

looking at my key on my truck keychain...
    The boat key is an AXXESS 80 blank. try that..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Quote Originally Posted by 04OUTBACK View Post
    looking at my key on my truck keychain...
    The boat key is an AXXESS 80 blank. try that..
    that one looks to be directional. Mine can be inserted into the ignition either way.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

I just had some made at Home depot a few weeks ago. The info on the key is Axxess+ 80
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...