Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WAKESURFING

Default Replying to Topic 'WAKESURFING'

I wonder why manufacturers do not address this issue. Seems to me they could have the exhaust exit at the bottom of the boat instead of the back or something. I am no engineer but I would think they could come up with something.
    Freashair exhaust works great and I have no drain plug problems.

SoTx
    how do the rods that go up to the swimdeck attach on our boats since we have fiberglass and not wood platforms.Did you really notice the boat is quieter at wakeboard speed.Thanks for any info.
    John

There is a bracket that bolts into the fiberglass. It is like a 1"x15"x1/8" piece of stainless steel flat iron. That is screwed to the bottom of the platform then there are a couple of stainless 3/8" all thread that hang off that and support the pipe.
    Now as far as noise goes, yes simply because the exhaust noise is now always under water. Sure your pipes are under water at slow speed now. But when you get up to speed your pipes are at the water level or just under. The Freash Air exhaust puts the exhaust anothe 12" or so below your existing pipes. Look at the photo's on his web page.
    I have had my pipe on for a year now with no problems what so ever. The pipe is stainless and he paints it black and I have some paint peeling right at the exit hole but it don't bother me enough to complain.

SoTx
    Thanks for the detailed review.I am going to seriously consider this mod.
    John

In my opinion it is the only way to go if you want to surf. I am addicted to it.

How does it affect handling and the wake? Do you need to drill holes in the boat exhaust area to mount it (I have a thing against adding holes to a new boat)?

tx for the info. The pictures kind of make it look like huge; your description is a bit better.

SD2
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

The only holes are where it screws to the bottom of the ski platform.
    There is a short section of exhaust rubber tubing between the boats pipes and the Freashair Exhaust system. They are connected to the boat and system with hose clamps......tighten the hell out of the clamps and you will have no problem with it comming off.
    Now if you hit something with it it is designed to give way and may come off. The connection to the ski platform will or should hold it until you can reconnect it. Now with that said I have only ever had it come part way off after hitting something one time and I was able to reconnect it and no damage occured to my boat at all.
    As far as the wake goes this is a small attachment and I see no effect at all. The single pipe that drops down is thin and oval shaped to be more aero dynamic. I can see no difference at all in wake shape or size.

I took out some family and kids last night and just pulled everyone arround in the tube. The whole time I am driving I was daydreaming about surfing. It is just now warm enough down here to hit the lake and yesterday was my second time in the water this season.

When I go to surf I have two balast, one accross the back at 900lbs and one on the drvers side at 600lbs then I get 4 or 5 of the biggest heavy guys that work for me and take them with me. The heavyest guy sits on the balast right behind the driver then another guy up front on the driver side and the rest in the back and middle of the boat......stereo is pumpin. I get my best wake at about 9.5 mph. The coolest thing is it is a never ending wave you can surf for miles.
    Now if you have someone that wants to surf that is big...say in the 230lbs and above range the only board I have found that will work is a 7'6" Shoreline Lake Board. This is just like a regular ocean surfboard except the nose is curled up in front a little bit. This board has great floatation and I have surfed guys with no rope that weigh 275lbs. Now when surfing the big people on the big board there aint many tricks they can do but they can shred a little bit.

Hey I do want to sound like a rep for the exhaust system it is just that it is a product I have found that allows me to do what I like (surf) safely. I know of no other safe exhaust system except this one and it has worked good for me.

I will stop now, but I could go on and on and on. I am addicted.............

I'm in Ohio. you get no symathy on weather, but thanks a bunch for the info. I may add it next year. I am about tapped out for now

SD2
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

Just bought the TrickBoardz Freestyle and got it yesterday. I am on duty the next 48 hours so all I can do is look at it. Sunday I plan on spending some quality lake time, so I will let you know how it went.

Medic
    Medic151
    06 Mobius XLV

You will not be disapointed. Awesome board. Are you set up to not get gased from your boats exhaust? be careful.