Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Ed!

Take care Ed.

I hate to see you go but after watching the past fews days as you dropped your friends, took down your albums, and now have deleted all your posts... I don't know, I just don't know... seems extreme to me...

This whole mess could have been handled better from the top down.

Wish you'd reconsider your departure. It seems that you will no longer be a moderator but your participation in the forums will be greatly missed I think.

Happy Boating Ed.

If you are ever in the Acworth or Atlanta Georgia area drop me a line and we can hit the water on Allatoona
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Ed has deleted all his friends, deleted all postings and cleaned everthing out of the staff section.
    It's shame that Ed chose to exit in this manner but I can't say I'm surprised.

Ed once wrote, in defending one of his patronizing posts, that we are all different in real life that the characters we portray on this forum and therein lies the root of the issue. I like this forum because everyone is respectful and mature and it's a great place to share our passion for boating and Moombas. And I think that most everyone else portrays themselves on this forum like they are in real life, with Ed being the exception as I hear he is a nice guy in person.

It's too bad that Ed chose to leave entirely instead of just stepping down as moderator (or changing his behavior) but that is his decision.

I look forward to putting this behind us and getting back to what this forum is all about.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Cool

Take care ED. Its too bad that it came to this . I would Still like to meet the famous Ed someday?

Its a shame this happened and maybe some day you will reconsider joining the forum to add Valuable advice,and yes i believe you were/are a TRUE Moomba Believer!! Take care.
    07 Outback DD

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    It's shame that Ed chose to exit in this manner but I can't say I'm surprised.
    Did someone decide to take their toys and go home?

No sleep loss here - I'm sure someone will step in and ask questions that could easily be answered with google.
    2010 LSV
    2006 Outback V (sold)

I kind of agree with a lot of the other posters on this thread. His thread contributions were usually helpful and he always tried to help out new members. His advice about the boats was usually spot on. As a bioard member he was great. As a mod though, it was hit and miss and the random deleting was just weird. At times his "I love Moomba, Moombas are the best in the world, Thank you so much Moomba" type posts were a bit over the top to me. I mean in the end, it is just a brand of boat that we all own. I would have definitley prefered him to stick around and just tone it down a bit. Oh well. Good luck out there Ed.
    Levi
    Former owner of a 08 Mobuis XLV, Cat340, 2650 Lbs.
    I miss that boat!

I have been on this Forum since 2007. I have discussed many topics with ED. Full of information and a all around nice guy. Yes there was some short spiteful comments. WE all have them. We all have our own opinions. Then he became a MOD. I lost all respect for him and in many occasions, I wanted to tell him off. I held my tongue so that I do not get banned from the site. Before all this went down, I have not been on this site for a very long time. Only because I did not want to hear Ed comments. I found it very rude and uncalled for. Then I come back and all this happened. I really feel bad for him. I do wish him well in whatever his journey take him. Take care ED, you will be surely missed as a member. As a MOD not so much.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Quote Originally Posted by tazz3069 View Post
    Before all this went down, I have not been on this site for a very long time. Only because I did not want to hear Ed comments. I found it very rude and uncalled for.
    Tazz

I often wondered why you haven't been very active on the forum the last several months. Hope to see you around more often going forward.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Ed you were the first to welcome me to the forum but now I can't see it anymore cause you deleted like 29 of my posts dude!! You deleted a wealth of info that new moomba owners like myself could have/and have benefited from. I can see you getting butt hurt and dropping your "mod tag" but you didn't have to take all that knowledge with you..... FAIL
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

sorry to see ya go! Ed had tons of great advice! I think sometime we all need a little thicker skin, hahahaaha
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake

Its been a while since I've been on here, looks like I missed some good drama.
    2008 LSV