Thread: Goodbye Ed!

Hybrid View

Default Goodbye Ed!

Good luck in all you do! Look me if you ever get up my way!

Happy boating.

PWI as usual...

Ed is leaving the forum?
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Ed-

Not sure if this means you are leaving for good or what, but I truly hope not.
    Didn't get a chance to meet ya unfortunately, wish I had the opportunity but alas only have been on here for a little over a year.

Live easy and keep rocking the Van Halen!!

-Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    Ed is leaving the forum?
    looks like it all his posts and comments have been remove, what a shame.

Ed. good luck. you were the first one to welcome me to the family and have provide invaluable info over the years. unfortunately a mild spat over mod powers have driven you away. i would never have thought about surfing if it was not for you championng the cause..

your insights will be missed.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Ed has deleted all his friends, deleted all postings and cleaned everthing out of the staff section.

So your post count and searching for threads may/will be affected.

Ed, I for one am really sorry its come to this and will miss you
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

He was a nice enough guy, but way too moody for my likes. It had to take forever to delete all that stuff, what a massive waste of time.

So has his moderator status been revoked as well? lol
    2013 Outback V

I enjoyed ed and had some good conversations with him. it's too bad it came to this. I would have loved to have made it back to florida and met him, but I have to say honestly, I won't miss him as a mod. as a poster and champion of the moomba cause? heck ya, he will be missed

and again with the deleting? kind of too bad as some of the threads he had were full of valuable info, such as the tow rig thread.. that's pretty lame and, honestly, part of the problem of his mod status...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Ed has deleted all his friends, deleted all postings and cleaned everthing out of the staff section.
    It's shame that Ed chose to exit in this manner but I can't say I'm surprised.

Ed once wrote, in defending one of his patronizing posts, that we are all different in real life that the characters we portray on this forum and therein lies the root of the issue. I like this forum because everyone is respectful and mature and it's a great place to share our passion for boating and Moombas. And I think that most everyone else portrays themselves on this forum like they are in real life, with Ed being the exception as I hear he is a nice guy in person.

It's too bad that Ed chose to leave entirely instead of just stepping down as moderator (or changing his behavior) but that is his decision.

I look forward to putting this behind us and getting back to what this forum is all about.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Cool

Take care ED. Its too bad that it came to this . I would Still like to meet the famous Ed someday?

Its a shame this happened and maybe some day you will reconsider joining the forum to add Valuable advice,and yes i believe you were/are a TRUE Moomba Believer!! Take care.
    07 Outback DD

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    It's shame that Ed chose to exit in this manner but I can't say I'm surprised.
    Did someone decide to take their toys and go home?

No sleep loss here - I'm sure someone will step in and ask questions that could easily be answered with google.
    2010 LSV
    2006 Outback V (sold)