Default Help needed from anyone who has installed a ProSport Promariner charger

I've got my ProSport20 ready to install. When reading through the manual, I noticed it said that you should not connect the ProSport20 to 2 different types of batteries. I have a lead acid battery for a starting battery and I use a big Kinetik AGM battery to run the stereo. Am I going to be ok here, or do I need to change my battery setup before installing?
    2007 Mobius LS

Quote Originally Posted by bbyquist View Post
    I've got my ProSport20 ready to install. When reading through the manual, I noticed it said that you should not connect the ProSport20 to 2 different types of batteries. I have a lead acid battery for a starting battery and I use a big Kinetik AGM battery to run the stereo. Am I going to be ok here, or do I need to change my battery setup before installing?
    The chart on pg 7 in the manual says that you can use lead acid batteries and AGM batteries together, but not high performance AGM batteries. it doesn't say what constitutes a high performance AGM battery. The issue is that the different types of batteries require a different charging profile and the charger can only be set to one profile. I think your Kinetic will still charge even with the charger set on lead acid/standard AGM but it won't receive the ideal charging profile designed for it (assuming it's in the high performance AGM class). Perhaps David at Earmark can chime in.

So I guess you could get a second, smaller ProSport charger such as the ProSport8 and use it for your lead acid battery and use the 20 for your Kinetic. That would probably be the most economical solution if you want both batteries to receive the correct charging profille.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Default re:

Thanks cab, this is kind of what I was thinking. It looks like the charging profiles for lead/acid, agm and even high performance agm are very close according to the chart. I think I'll just go ahead and give this a go. Unless somebody else can think of a strong reason I shouldn't. Paging David at Earmark... heheh
    2007 Mobius LS