Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default high oil pressure

Pushing 175 at 4400rpms. What could it be? Fresh oil and filtr last fall at winterize. First weekend out at the lake and worried it may b bust? Advice?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

i think the oil pressure is always high at high rpm, maybe i should pay more attention? im sure one of the more intelligent gear heads will answer this properly.

glad you made it out finally!
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

i did not even know my oil pressure gauge read 175 psi..
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Higher than normal oil pressure is usually caused by a stuck pressure relief valve in the oil pump assembly.
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

Typo 75 sorry

2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Whew, 175 and I thought you'd be blowing oil seals!

I think it may be fine, I'd have to look at my gauge, it runs around 40at idle which is about middle of the gauge range and runs about 3/4 at speed, probably close to 60 I'd guess. Is there anything in the manual about "normal" oil pressure values?
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

I hope it is normal because mine does the same thing.
    2006 Mobius LSV

Thanks Ksmith! Ill check the manual but I don't remember it running that close to the higher end. Who knows, maybe it had before? Just overly worried since I finally got the boat out and winterized myself? Any body else wanna chime in? I thought maybe a bad oil filter?

2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Check it with a real oil pressure gauge. The dash gauge isn't the most accurate.

75 is not bad at full throttle mine runs 45 to 60 at operating RPMs 3K and below. As long as its not pegging the guage out, high pressure is not nearly as much a problem as low pressure.

Also as the oil wears in a bit the pressure will go down, it will also fluctuate with engine temp from the water in the lake.

Lastly what type of oil are you running? If its 40w thats a pretty normal pressure, its its 50w then its completly normal as this oil is pretty thick.

If you really concerned get an external gauge to read it, also you can pull off the oil filter, drain it and look at the oil make sure it looks normal and such. This way its only a 5 dollar filter replacement. Or you can reinstall it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]