Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2008 Outback Light

Hey guys,

I have a 2008 Outback DD. Because I don't always use the tower I'm looking for a light that goes on the gunnel. As it stands now, the only white light is on the top of the tower. Do you know where and what light I need? Also, did they provide you with one of these lights when you initially purchased the boat?

thanks,
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

Camp on pool 8 of Allegheny River (Adrian, PA)

Hello - I purchased my 2003 Outback last year from the original owner. The light stantion came with the boat and actually has a storage mount under the starboard bow seat cushion. The baot originally came with a tower and it seems the light was with the boat i guess as original equipment.

My suggestion is contact your closest dealer who can order from Skiers Choice. They may need your Hull ID number to ensure you get the correct item. Storage bracket may also be available.

Hope this helps or should I say "sheds some light" on your request.
    2003 Outback
    Boat name = Lynn Syndrome
    Its a condition that runs in the family...Judy Lynn (mother-in-law) Heather Lynn (wife) & Megan Lynn (daughter)...no known cure...but the boat helps
    New boat for me on 10/9/10.

I have a 2008 also. If you got a tower, you did not get the light for the rear. You can order one from the dealer or go to a West Marine and pick one up. Ski DIM or overtons will also have them for your boat. The receptacle is standard, you can choose how long the new one will be.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

And here are the requirements:

Anchor Light Requirements

The Inland Rules specify that any vessel under 50 meters (164.1') at anchor must exhibit a white 360-degree light where it can be seen and have a two-mile visibility in most situations. Vessels less than 7 meters (23.9') must display anchor lights when anchored in or near a narrow channel, fairway, or anchorage, or where other vessels normally navigate.

A 360-degree white all-around light with two-mile visibility fulfills this requirement. Wire gauge and length of wiring, as well as battery condition, can affect a light's performance. Follow manufacturer's instructions to ensure compliance with U.S. Coast Guard regulations.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Awesome, thanks a lot guys.
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

the reason you didn't get a transom light is bc the all white round light has to be at the highest point of your vessel. if you mount a 24" pole light to the transom it is not visible 360 degrees due to the tower or windshield blocking the view.
    05 mobius ls 310hp carb

Quote Originally Posted by casmith71 View Post
    the reason you didn't get a transom light is bc the all white round light has to be at the highest point of your vessel. if you mount a 24" pole light to the transom it is not visible 360 degrees due to the tower or windshield blocking the view.
    Ahh, that makes sense.
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

If you have a factory tower, I don't believe the rear socket is connected. Only 1 white light can be in use.

Quote Originally Posted by VA LSV View Post
    If you have a factory tower, I don't believe the rear socket is connected. Only 1 white light can be in use.
    But the wiring harness is there. That's a good place to put a 12v socket BTW.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    But the wiring harness is there. That's a good place to put a 12v socket BTW.
    WARNING! Thread jack in process.

I want to add the 12v socket. Where to buy & which one is best?