Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I had the same problem last year but this year everything is working fine.I bought some connector cleaner at radio shack and put some in the connector.I plug and unplug the connector 9 to 10 times and now everything seems to be working fine.
    But when the problem comes back, I would spend a couple of more dollars more and get the Star Gazer Upgrade . It is a Perfect Pass upgrade that uses GPS instead of water and the wheel paddle to indicate the speed of your boat. No more problem with speed sensor under the boat.
    Apparently it is a simple job that takes 5 minutes max, unplug the old Perfect Pass module and replug the new module with the GPS Antenna. It runs for about $480.
    Here is the link...Hope this helps
    http://www.perfectpass.com/pp_star_gazer.html#upgrade

Ok, I figured it out. The plug took on water so I dried it out but it still didn't work. I noticed that one of the wires (the red one on the paddle wheel side of the plug) was loose and it pretty much fell out of the hole. The water that had entered through the plug corroded the wire to the point where it broke free. I cut the plug out and attached all of the wires with those little crimp connectors then ran heat shrink over them. I zip-tied the wire up so it won't get wet. Now it works like a charm. I would assume that this is the cause of the failure for others as well.

4fish4 - I bet you have a wire that is loose that's about to go. It could be hitting and working then separating and not working causing the erratic speedo...

Great tip! I had an erratic speedo and perfect pass today in my 07 Outback V. Most of the time they read 0 but sometimes they'd be ok and other time read too high. Found this thread and found the connector coming off the paddle wheel filled with a green slime and the red wire pin corroded down to bare copper. For the time being I cleaned everything up with contact cleaner and lubed with WD-40. Test drove and all is good again. At least I know where the problem is and if it continues to be an issue, I'll look for some replacement pins or connector.

Everytime I take a wave over the bow on my 08 Outback my speedo quits working. Even after the bilge pumps out all the water. Once I get out of the water and pull the bilge plug, drain it completely and let it dry out a bit, the speedo will work the next time I go out. I'm getting better at not taking waves over the bow (new driver) but any other tips would be appreciated.

I'm having the same issue. Does anyone have a picture of the wires and plug in question so I know what to look for

Which boat do you have?
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

2000 Moomba kamberra with indmar carbed motoe
    2000 Moomba Kamberra
    5.7 carborated Indmar 350