Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Paddle wheel speedometer fix

speedometer not working in my 04 moomba mobius lsv. The paddle wheel looks and spins fine. I noticed the plug from the assembly has sat in the bottom of the boat in water all winter. The paddle wheel assembly is an airmar shorty ST300. any suggestions to what might be wrong or where to buy a new paddle wheel assembly if needed?

I am not sure of the det up you have. My old boat had the same problem. I had a hose from the pick up to the speedo. I pulled the hose from the speedo and the pickup and blew air through it. This fixed the problem. Hope this helps.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Sorry for bringing up an old thread... My boat is having the exact same problem where the speedometers don't read, they're always at 0. All the wiring is fine, no bad fuses. It looks like the plug (although it has a seal) got some water in it. Does anyone know where to buy the replacement plug and paddle wheel assembly? Thanks for your help!

This is the same problem that I am having, wheel seems to spin freely but both the perfect pass and the regular speedo read "0". Where is the fuse I can check? Do I need to take the floor out to see the connection? On the plus side i got my new boat lift put in at my new to me lsv is sitting on it!

I hope you're putting up pics of the boat and lift.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

new lift pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ahhh. Thats better. I had a pic craving.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

does anybody have any advice on this problem, as it sucks with out a speedo and perfect pass not working?

I'm having the same Speedo Issue. Except mine is after an accident and 12k worth in fiberglass work...

I think maybe they screwed something up. UGH...

When the Rain stop here in Cali, I'm gonna start digging and prodding. Does anyone know where the fuses are for Speedo's, and possibly have a wiring Diagram?
    2007 XLV

Upgraded Kenwood Deck, MX700.5, MX350.4, 6 Fusion 6.5's on the tower, 2 Rockford 10's,

Dual Batteries with Perko and ACR.

Gravity games 3PLUS - 2 750's in the rear

Swivel seat upgrade

Default Speedometer

I had this same problem a couple years back on my 05 Outback. The plug-in assembly was sitting in the bottom of my bilge and also go water in the connection. I simply disconnected it and dried it out real good. When I reassembled it I zip tied it to the wiring harness running along the inside edge of the bilge area which is above the floor of the boat. Have not had the problem since.
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland