Default Arkansas Boating (Fairfield Bay Area)

I have an opportunity to buy my dad's land on a golf course real cheap in Fairfield Bay Arkansas and I was wondering if anyone boated the surrounding lakes and give me the pluses and minuses of the area and the water. I may build there when I retire but for the next 5-6 years nothing will be done. The demographics look good with my retirement pension being twice the family income in the area but how would the state income taxes look? The real estate taxes for compriable homes is half of what it is here (about $1,100 for a 2,300 sq ft home). Let me know what you think.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Fairfield Bay is very close to Greers Ferry Lake. It is a large lake and very nice. I've been there a couple of times. Very busy on holidays (won't do that again). Fairfield Bay is a retirement community and is a pretty rolling hills area. It's a nice place, but a little to hilly for me. AR state income taxes aren't to bad when condisering what some of the surrounding states pay.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

Thanks for the feedback. I think I may need to find something else further from a major city.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Fairfield bay isn't close to any large cities. Closest city is conway which has a population of 53k. I believe it is about an hour and a half away, could be wrong. I have only been up there once and it was a nice community. I think there is pretty good golf up there (nothing like the village though)

Seark is right, its near greers which is nice but def not the best. Perhaps look into the village or ouachita area if you are interested in arkansas.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded