Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Getting Stabbed on Mobius Cushion!!

We are having a problem with the moveable seat that covers the V-drive area. We noticed it several times last year. It seems the screws that fasten the cushion to the wood frame of the seat are too long and if you happen to kneel on the cushion in the right (or wrong) way, the tip of the screw stabs you. During our beginning of season cleaning, I took the seat and unscrewed all the screws several turns to see if that helped, but so far no good. This is on a 2004 Mobius LSV. Is this something I should talk to the dealer or Skiers Choice about? If you hit it just right, it will stab hard enough to draw blood. I don't want to just unscrew the screws any further because then the seat won't be tight. Can someone from Skiers Choice give me some advice?
    Shoe

Default Replying to Topic 'Getting Stabbed on Mobius Cushion!!'

shoemaker mobuis-i've got an 03 mobius v drive and never had that problem-wondering if you should replace the screws with shorter ones-sounds like if there drawing blood then they need to be repalced and over time will put holes in seat cover also.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I have an 04 Mobius LSV and had the same problem. I added some washers to the screws to shorten them up. Didn't have any shorter screws around other wise I would have replaced them.

Shoe Maker
    I have the same boat and had the same problem.Did the washer thing and it seemed to help.I found the problem the hard way also.
    John

Its a little surprising that they havent fixed this problem yet. I recently purchased an 05 LSV and after reading your posts went and checked it out. Sure enough, when kneeling on the seat there are a couple of spots that you can feel the screw sticking up into the pad. Not sure why this is an issue to fix. I love the boat, just wonder how much it would cost the company to upgrade the upholstery again......

Brian Raymond Guest

Call your dealer and make them aware of the situation. Then, when you take your boat in for its next service, the dealer is aware of the issue and should have the proper replacement hardware ready. Skiers Choice is looking into this issue. Brian Raymond

Brian
    Since my dealer is not all that close to me and this is what I do for a living I do my own work on my boat.If Skiers Choice has fix for the problem will they send it out to owners.Thanks.
    John

Brian Raymond Guest

Once the issue is resolved and a known hardware if any are all reviewed, I don't see why not. I will keep you posted.

Sounds good.Thanks.
    John

I also had this same problem with my 04 lsv. Last summer I backed the screws out far enough that you can't feel them anymore, doesn't seem to cause any problems with the integrity of the seat. My only problem with this is I now have two small holes in the vinyl where the screws came through the cushion. My boat is in the shop now and the dealer is suppose to contact S.C. about this issue, either replacing the seat or redoing the vinyl, because as we all know little holes become bigger holes over time. I'll keep you posted on what I find out.