Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Jason,

Not sure I totally agree with everything you are saying. My drain pumps are mounted below the rear locker floor so there is more hose between the bag and the pump compared to Berg's set up and I have never had any problems with draining the bags. I always just make sure I pull the bag away from the rear ski locker wall enough so the 90 degree drain fitting has room to lay flat. I always thought that the fact that the pump is mounted below the bottom of the bag means there is positive pressure going into the pump so it does not air lock. Anyway, my drain pump set up from the factory has always worked flawlessly.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Attwood does state that in order to prevent airlock the pump outputs should be located bewteen the 12 and 2 oclock positions... I have had many issues with airlock on my bass boats but I think when you have 1200 pounds of water pushing thru the lines there shouldnt be an issue emptying.. filling would be an different story...

I was thinking that much weight would create plenty of force for priming too but maybe not... Easy enough for me to reposition my pumps and give it a try. Possibly playing hookie from work and going out tomorrow, if not then Saturday for sure. Will post up the results after changing the drain pump angles.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Follow-up to spinning the pumps around so the exit port is on top. It seems to have worked like a charm. Pumps performed flawlessly today without any airlock problems. Actually performed exactly like it was originally intended. Switching surf sides takes 6-7 minutes now - one 1100 fills while the 1100 on the other side drains. Love it.

Thanks for the advice Jason.

Actually love it even more that 3-4 of the guys out with us agreed (unprovoked) that my surf wake was a lot better than my buddy's Malibu with all the push button gadgets and auto-settings that cost 2-3x what my boat did. hahahaha
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Great, glad it solved your problems!

Anytime Jason at wakemakers gives advice he will have my complete attention from now on. I thought I new enough to handle my own ballast upgrade.... I thought wrong..... Everything he tried to talk me into or out of I ignored, from drilling new intakes (what he recommended) vs. using my one existing 3/4" (what i wanted) to using reversible pumps (Him) vs. Aerator (Me). He even recommended the stock type tubing, but I wanted the "Cadillac" of ballast tubing and it leaks like crazy because it is so hard to get the hose clamps on in a good position. Don't get me wrong you can set it up either way but I spent more time jacking with it than it would take me to just fill and empty each bag with a Tsunami 1200 hand held. Now I am redoing my whole system the way he recommended me to do it in the first place. It's not cheaper when you have to do it twice. Sorry just had to give Jason some props for his knowledge.

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.