Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Looking good! What size intakes did you use?
    Hi Brain, I used 1" intakes and 1" hose for the fill/drain lines. Overflow lines will stay at 3/4".
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

you don't need a scupper style on the bottom for the intakes, just a mushroom?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 Outback V View Post
    Looking good! I still havn't mustard-up the guts to drill those below the water line holes in my boat yet. It's a psycological thing, I have the intakes, just need the nerves.

I had to boil my hose as well to get some of the fittings to fit, but I also have the smooth black like Jmvotto.

Are you going to fill the rear locker bags from the stern end or bow end?
    To be honest the drilling was pretty easy. I would recommend using a 1/4" drill bit to do a pilot hole from the top and then get underneath to drill the 1" hole. I know everyone is scared to chip their gel coat but if you start the hole saw in reverse and also use some painter's tape you will get a very clean hole. I also used a dremel with a sanding tube to slightly open up the hole so that the mushroom fitting slides through easily. And if you do happen to chip the gel coat, the flange from the mushroom intake will more than likely cover it.

Just remember that you need to be at least 4-1/2" from center of the existing scupper intake in order to clear the scupper!

I am debating over whether to fill the rear bags from the front vs. rear. I think it would probably be better to fill/drain from the rear and then have the overflow coming from the top front, no? Seeing how you were my inspiration I'll defer to the expert and ask "what worked best for you?"

2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    you don't need a scupper style on the bottom for the intakes, just a mushroom?
    Correct. The only reason you see a scupper on the bottom is because there was 1 there to begin with and I didn't want to have to deal with filling the holes from the screws from the original scupper.

also worth mentioning is that 4-1/2" center to center still gives you enough room to install the shut off valves. I had to remove the handles but that is easy enough to do.

I would be lying to say that I wasn't glad to be through the process though....

2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post
    I would be lying to say that I wasn't glad to be through the process though....
    Working in the bilge is a pain, isn't it?! Actually working on most anything boat related is a pain. If it's not stuffed up in some impossible to reach location it's surrounded by unfinished fiberglass to tear up your arms. The end result must be worth it though or we wouldn't keep doing it!

What type of pumps did you use?
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    What type of pumps did you use?
    Johnson Ultra Ballast Reversible Pumps........

2007 Outback V

Thanks so much for the youtube link. Getting the 1" fittings over is a PITA. If a next time I'd go back to the smooth tubing. I did the 'upgraded' and don't like them at all, plus the don't match my stock tubing.

I added a Johnson Ultra reverse pump via the 1" 'T' fitting from wakemakers that also feeds my ballast puppy (1" mushroom throughull). Not starved for water at all. The Johnson is much faster.

If you guys need more info, there's a writeup by a centurioncrew member that is overkill with all pictures and information needed. Made wiring a breeze for a novice like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by sailing217 View Post
    Thanks so much for the youtube link. Getting the 1" fittings over is a PITA. If a next time I'd go back to the smooth tubing. I did the 'upgraded' and don't like them at all, plus the don't match my stock tubing.

I added a Johnson Ultra reverse pump via the 1" 'T' fitting from wakemakers that also feeds my ballast puppy (1" mushroom throughull). Not starved for water at all. The Johnson is much faster.

If you guys need more info, there's a writeup by a centurioncrew member that is overkill with all pictures and information needed. Made wiring a breeze for a novice like myself.
    You are most welcome for the youtube link. Got a link for that centurioncrew thread? Please and thank you!

2007 Outback V

Looking good! What's the gph rating of the pumps?
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV