Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

awesome Phil!! thanks i will go and get a relay.

thanks again!!

geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

well got working on the boat again last night... frig!! that compartment is to small.... trying to contort myself in there to get things mounted up. Then to top it off, spent an hour trying to find the problem... my new KMR700-u wouldn't power up? turns out you have to hold the power button on for a real long time to get it to turn on! Was i pissed!!!! but i got it all wired up and will hopefully finish off the install of the amps and relays tonight. Then it's mounting up the SXT-65's and fishing wires. I'll be so gland when this is done!! good thing is when i upgrade the rest of my amps to exile amps there is room and proper wiring to just swap out the other amps and bolt the new ones in. No messing around.

Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by saskyrider View Post
    well got working on the boat again last night... frig!! that compartment is to small.... trying to contort myself in there to get things mounted up. Then to top it off, spent an hour trying to find the problem... my new KMR700-u wouldn't power up? turns out you have to hold the power button on for a real long time to get it to turn on! Was i pissed!!!! but i got it all wired up and will hopefully finish off the install of the amps and relays tonight. Then it's mounting up the SXT-65's and fishing wires. I'll be so gland when this is done!! good thing is when i upgrade the rest of my amps to exile amps there is room and proper wiring to just swap out the other amps and bolt the new ones in. No messing around.

Geoff
    I am running the same deck as you and have all three remotes on a single line to the deck. I think the 3 amps on 1 remote is max for this deck but i havnt had any issues and this is the second season im running like this.

I think some of the older decks might have an issue but i would like to think the decks that have 3 sets of RCAs are expected to power 3 amps by 1 remote line.

As for the turning on of the deck, if you turn it on at the deck yes you have to hold it about 2 seconds then it powers up. I never use the deck button, i turn it on and then when i use the toggle it will power the deck automatically if you left the deck on and used your toggle to turn it off.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

thanks mike... i'll be doing it that way from now on. I am still going to use the relay.. because i already bought it and it was cheap. $5 with the wiring harness to....

Geoff

well. got things all in under the cubby and everything sounded like crap.... WTF!!! anyways i realised my batts were both just about dead. so pulled them and charged them up. Now everything is good to go. Going to install the tower speakers tonight and had to do some cutting of wires up top on the tower. MAN the previous owner must have been in a real hurry when he did the wiring... no crimping no soldering not a connector to be found... just peel back about an inch of covering and twist like hell... then wrap a crap load of electricians tape around it. oh well made for an easy disconnect.

I do have a couple of problems tho.

First... there are 2 accesory switches on my dash, one is a 2 position switch and the other is a 3 position. The 2 position was the one previously used to switch on my amps and then the stereo switch turned on the headunit... when i hook the wiring back up the way it was with the old stuff the light on the 2 position accessory switch stays on all the time... the amps don't power up until i flip the switch but i can't get the light to go out????

Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by saskyrider View Post
    well. got things all in under the cubby and everything sounded like crap.... WTF!!! anyways i realised my batts were both just about dead. so pulled them and charged them up. Now everything is good to go. Going to install the tower speakers tonight and had to do some cutting of wires up top on the tower. MAN the previous owner must have been in a real hurry when he did the wiring... no crimping no soldering not a connector to be found... just peel back about an inch of covering and twist like hell... then wrap a crap load of electricians tape around it. oh well made for an easy disconnect.

I do have a couple of problems tho.

First... there are 2 accesory switches on my dash, one is a 2 position switch and the other is a 3 position. The 2 position was the one previously used to switch on my amps and then the stereo switch turned on the headunit... when i hook the wiring back up the way it was with the old stuff the light on the 2 position accessory switch stays on all the time... the amps don't power up until i flip the switch but i can't get the light to go out????

Geoff
    If I were to bet, you could take the two sets of wires on the two-position switch and flip them. The switch wiorks fine, but the power is going through the switch backwards, so that the power is coming into the switch on the side the light is connected to. Reverse it and I bet the light will turn on and off with the switch.

It is a guess, but waht you describe could be caused by having the wires backwards, as I describe.

Phil
    Kicker

thanks phil... i'll give it a shot when i get home. The relay works slick!!

Quote Originally Posted by philwsailz View Post
    If I were to bet, you could take the two sets of wires on the two-position switch and flip them. The switch wiorks fine, but the power is going through the switch backwards, so that the power is coming into the switch on the side the light is connected to. Reverse it and I bet the light will turn on and off with the switch.

It is a guess, but waht you describe could be caused by having the wires backwards, as I describe.

Phil
    Kicker
    I'm thinking your right but i haven't changed anything from when i ripped the old stereo out and it was fine before... maybe a little wiring gremlin popped in to make me scratch my head about it... lol. I'm going to wire my tower lights and in boat led's to the 3 position switch so when it's down the leds are on and when it's up the tower lights and led's are on.

geoff