Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Exile project and tools needed.......

For the guys that have done this project already, any special tools, supplies you would suggest I pick up looking back that would make this go smoother?

I am installing the 4 SXT 65 Spins and a Harpoon amp.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

nothing special, but the one thing I wish I had was 2 cordless drill's, got real tired of swapping from a drill bit to a screwdriver bit.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Agree on the 2 drills. Some fish tape &/or line trimmer string to pull wires, painters tape to layout and protect the tower, center punch, small round file to clean up the holes in the tower, and of course the usual electrical stuff.

Thanks guys. I have 2 drills for the exact reason as you both have mentioned. A few projects ago, I was doing waaaaayyyy to much switching and it got old very fast.

Just bc I am having trouble picturing it, how are you using the fishing line to pull wires through??
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

A fish tape not fishing line. It's a flat thin gauge metal piece with a hook on the end for "fishing" wires through spots just like this. I'm just getting ready to put 4 sxt65's on my 05LSV as well...

Cheers

Geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

BullDawg - give us the goods... did you get it all done? If you get snagged, let me know. I'd be happy to help!

And shoot me some pics of the finished setup. I'll stick you in the gallery.

-Brian
    Exile Audio

Quote Originally Posted by saskyrider View Post
    A fish tape not fishing line. It's a flat thin gauge metal piece with a hook on the end for "fishing" wires through spots just like this. I'm just getting ready to put 4 sxt65's on my 05LSV as well...

Cheers

Geoff
    Are you gonna do the "cab" wireless install? I've been trying to muster up the courage to try it on my OBV tower but am worried it may not work.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post
    Are you gonna do the "cab" wireless install? I've been trying to muster up the courage to try it on my OBV tower but am worried it may not work.

Yup going to try, but after looking at it last night, I am not positive it will work. Going back out there later this afternoon to take a look.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8

-John Wooden

Anyone know where a guy could find a fish tape?
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

They are in the electrical section at home improvement stores. I'd go for one of the smallest versions they have.