Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Our 2006 LS has leaking 'Muffler's..due to a very quick overheating once. No engine damage but mufflers have small water leaks at forward location & a lousy sounding drone at low to mid revs.

Our Chris craft 1955 Woody has a 283 w/ 2-1/2" ID flexible rubber w/ steel coil exhaust hose purchased from Jamestown Distributors in RI. They have all the sizes, multitude of boat stuff, & great prices. The CC is loudbut not a harsh bark as the rubber attenuates the exhaust note a bit.

I believe the Moomba exhaust is also deeper/closer to transom bottom and below the swim pad to perhaps assist in quieting the exhaust. If I cant fix the mufflers w/ epoxy resin repair, Im going the exhaust hose route next spring.
    2006 Mobius LS

i find it very interesting that there isnt' much difference in sound. Good know for sure!

Nobody ever said if they could notice any difference in power? I'm guessing not, since it would be such a small gain and it is on a boat.
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

From my experience ... When I went with Dusty to buy his boat that had been straight piped. It was noticeably louder at idle and underway.

They had used PVC and we requested it be switched back to stock before we left. It wasn't a small difference in sound in this case.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I'll be the bad guy here. When I showed up to pick up mine, the P/O has straight piped it, but brought the factory muffler with him to send with me. We took the boat out, and at initial start up, it sounded kinda cool. Reminded me of our old Malibu, but a bit louder. The second some throttle was given it sounded like a WFO Camaro running down a drag strip. It was awful. We couldn't hear a damn thing but exhaust noise multiplied by 50.

IMO, there is a such thing as to much noise. The boat sounded like my Dad's baja going across the water. For a Baja, GREAT, for a wakeboat.....no thanks.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold