Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The winds finally died down yesterday, so we hit the lake with the new exhaust configuration.

I could barely tell a difference inside the boat. The tone was a little deeper, but it was not appreciably louder.

My riders noticed a difference in the sound from behind the boat, and commented that it was louder.

I think overall, the sound is not an issue, imho.

Jimmy

So any chance of hearing it on a vid? I know we won't get the before and after but still always love that sound.

Glad to hear it's not too crazy loud though!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I'd have to record it someplace behind the boat, and I don't think I'm good enough to keep my recorder dry

have someone on shore record as you drive away
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Exhaust Replacement

I am in the same situation as you were. My exhaust is leaking and I have to do something.
    I was wondering if you tried it out yet and found out how the sound is?
    Also, does the pipe get to hot?
    Thanks

Sorry, I just saw your last posts about the sound, that's great, but still wondering if the new exhaust pipe gets to hot?

Quote Originally Posted by outbackhead View Post
    Sorry, I just saw your last posts about the sound, that's great, but still wondering if the new exhaust pipe gets to hot?
    I haven't actually done any testing to see how hot the pipe gets, but I'm sure it's warm. I've been careful to route everything clear of the pipes. I don't think it'd get too hot, as the mufflers look to be made of PVC and or plastic. I think I've even read where some people have used PVC in this area?

Once the motor is off, they get water in the pipes to cool them down, as well.

Good luck.

J

Thanks for the info.
    I'm going to go the same route as you because I just priced new mufflers and they are $325 each and mine are leaking enough that I have to do something.
    So I will get the short end flanged out to 3 1/2 inches and the angle to 45 deg. like you said.
    I will let you know how it goes.
    Thanks

No video, No sound! Never happend

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

An easier solution might be to just run pvc or the exhaust rubber tubing jmo. you could use a 3 or 4 inch copper 45 to make the bend as well
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug