Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need new boots

Default Need new boots

I need to get some closed-toe boots for boarding, but I don't want to spend $300-$400. Anyone have any ideas? I ride a Liquid Force Axis 139 - sort of a beginner, but I'm getting there.

Ebay usually has new closed toe boots from a year or two ago that are brand new. I'm a fan of Ronix Ones. They fit true to shoe size as well if you order them. Also check Evo.com in the outlet section

Here you go. Lots of boots under $300. The Company boots are good and Ronix Kai's are good as well.

http://www.evo.com/outlet-shop/wake/...-bindings.aspx

Default thanks

what do you think about Liquid Force Watson's? I have a friend that has the 2007 boots, and they were pretty comfortable, but I have nothing to compare them to.

Watson's have a good reputation of being good boots year after year.

I just bought a Liquid Force Witness with Transit bindings. They are open toe bindings but they are the same and one of the LF Closed toe models. They guy at the wake shop held the closed toe up to the Transit bindings and they looked like someone cut the toe off the one. I got the package for $399. Super light combo.
    04 LSV

I'm narrowing the search - probably down to Ronix Kai 2010, Company Pro 2010, and one or two others.

Anyone have opinions on CWB Answer 2010 or Slingshot D2 2008?

Thanks for the help - this is really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by kaddy View Post
    I'm narrowing the search - probably down to Ronix Kai 2010, Company Pro 2010, and one or two others.

Anyone have opinions on CWB Answer 2010 or Slingshot D2 2008?

Thanks for the help - this is really helpful.
    The D2's have or had issues with the metal buttons (if that's the correct word I'm looking for) rusting or deteriorating. Newer Slingshot boots have better reviews. It's also know for being a stiff boot. I'd look into the Company Pro or Vandall boots
    Last edited by you da man; 06-19-2011 at 01:58 PM.

Good to know - $150 for the 2008 Slingshot D2's looked a little too good to be true.

I rode 2008 Answers from CWB up until this year. I would get a newer pair every other year of the 2008's Loved those boots.

I recently got a pair of 2011 AA's by CWB and love those also.

The Answer is a mid stiffness boot, So if your looking for a stiff boot it might not work for you.

You can find good deals on '10 CWB boots but they run a little on the narrow side.....So try them on if you can.
    07 LSV usually DUMPED