Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cold water

Default cold water

I plan on breaking my boat in as soon as the ice is off the lakes, I live in minnesota so I have to take advantage of the warm water as much as I can. Are there any concerns about putting a boat in right after the ice is out? Will it hurt the gell coat or anything else on the boat?

Default Replying to Topic 'cold water'

I've had my Outback in really cold water and it didn't hurt anything.Just watch out for freezing weather at night since the motor will have water in it.
    jy

Hey zihuatanejo,
    We live in MN too and dumped our boat in the water in mid April back in 03 right after we picked it up. The water was pretty cold and we didn't have any problems. The only thing you'll notice is in water in the 40 degree range it takes a long time for the engine to get up to full operating temp so don't freak out if the temp gauge doesn't move for a while. Also make sure if you pull it out and it could freeze that you drain everything.

Thanks for the info I paln on putting the boat in as soon as possable. Sextons where do live in minnesota?

We're in Prior Lake, where are you guys?

We live in Apple Valley, and we have a cabin in walker minnesota. I plan on doing a lot of boating in the cities, I know a guy who lives on Prior and plan on taking it over there to break it in.

Z- where did you get your boat from? I have an LSV that is in at Forest Lake but don't plan to pick it up until the ice is out and they can put it in the water. Did you get it there or from Nisswa? Have you picked it up already?

silverski
    We bought the boat from Nissswa marine. I went to the boat show last year and saw the moomba display. I decided that if I saved for a year I could afford it, so I have been working with them for a year now. I was told that the boat was going to be in this week but it is thursday and still no word, so I expect it to be in sometime soon. the salesmen said he would e-mail me a picture. I don't plan on picking it up until the ice out. Which shouldn't be to long. I can't, wait it's our first inboard. We bought an outback sunset orange, with the indmar 325 and a wakeboard tower. I grew up on a slolom ski so I wanted a nice ski boat but my brothers and freinds wanted a wakeboard boat so I got the tower too.

We'll be looking for the sunset orange Moomba on Prior Lake, we have an 03 yellow Mobius LSV so maybe we'll see you out there this spring, I'm not sure when we'll be picking the boat up yet. If you're on Prior Lake come into Candy Cove, you'll probably see our boat on a lift. There's also a white/blue Moomba in Candy Cove too.

I'll see you there silverski, maybe I'll stop when the cooler needs to be refilled.