Default Install question -Stinger SVMB Voltage Gauge

Got two of these to mount on the drivers side.

It's got three wires 12V constant (red),12V switched (blue)and ground (black).

I have my lines run from the batteries (constant), and the ground is easy...I just don't know where I should connect my 12V switched!

Lots of wires under there and I want to do it right!?

Thanks!

Kirk
    2008 LSV, Gravity III Ballast, 750's Rear, 400 Center, Wake Plate, 3 Pairs of Exile SX65c cabin speakers, Exile Xi800.4, Roswell Stock Towers, Kicker Stock Sub.

Kirk,

I recently installed the same Stinger voltage display (see pic below). I installed a simple toggle switch (non lighted) where the breaker for the horn used to be. I ran the pos wire from the battery to one post on the switch and the ran both the red and the blue wire from the voltage display to the other post on the switch. This way, I can turn the voltage display on and off with the toggle switch, independent of anything else.

Al

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

This is very similar to the switch I used:

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Runnnin View Post
    Got two of these to mount on the drivers side.

It's got three wires 12V constant (red),12V switched (blue)and ground (black).

I have my lines run from the batteries (constant), and the ground is easy...I just don't know where I should connect my 12V switched!

Lots of wires under there and I want to do it right!?

Thanks!

Kirk
    Amp remote turn-on for the one that will monitor the stereo battery and to the "RUN" terminal on the key switch for the one monitoring the starting battery. This way they are only on when in use.

I hooked mine to the Stereo accessory wire. If I'm on the boat, the stereo is on. I also mounted mine in the glove box to simplify wiring.

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the confirmation!

Finally getting ready to install this evening. Really like the idea of two switches so I'll go for it. Already have the "power" lines run from the battery to the right of the steering column. Thanks Al!

Kirk
    2008 LSV, Gravity III Ballast, 750's Rear, 400 Center, Wake Plate, 3 Pairs of Exile SX65c cabin speakers, Exile Xi800.4, Roswell Stock Towers, Kicker Stock Sub.

Here is the Picture of mine in the Glovebox.