Thread: Squeal on start

Default Squeal on start

So the Moomba has been squealing when starting it the first time each day - now it happens pretty regularly although not always. Lasts maybe 30 secs to a min. Only happens on the first start each day when putting the boat in, each start afterwards is fine, even after floating for a while. I take the boat out of the water each day. It's the 325, got about 80 hours - bought new end of last August. Thoughts? It's starting to drive me crazy. Doesn't seem to matter whether kept inside or outside overnight it still does it the next morning. I can't figure out what's different about why it does it sometimes and why not, and lately it's been always doing it
    2010 LSV

Could be your belt....

id bet its the alternator belt, once its warm it stops and then it fine all day till you park it over night again.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

how do i make it stop?
    2010 LSV

tighten the belt by shifting the alternator.....there may be a flat spot on your belt and it may need replacing....how may hours and years are on the belt? there should be about a 1/2" up n down play on the belt
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Since your a 2010 boat take it back to the dealer if hes close by. Other wise on the ALternator braket there should be a square hole to put a ratchet in and add pressure to it.

Other wise loosen the mounting bolts and grab a pry bar, not a huge one just one long enough to give you leverage.

Make sure you prying against something strong like the engine block or something metel thats not an engine component like a starter or pump of some sort. Then add pressure to the alterntor case to tighten then belt. The with your free hand tighten the bolts in the alternator. Done.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]