Quote Originally Posted by philwsailz View Post
Something is amiss here guys-

If your ignition cranking send wire, (ABYC and USCG yellow with red stripe) goes to +12 with the motor running, your starter will be cranking while the motor is running!

If indeed you really go to 12v positive in gear, there is a starter interrupt relay somewhere between the ignition switch and the starter relay. Move your SI wire to either that relay's output to the starter solenoid, or take it directly to the positive lug of your starter as a means of last resort.

I do agree the SI wire is likely not necessary on your boat(s) but there is a way to get the SI circuit working properly....

Phil
Kicker
Phil,

Thanks for chiming in. Yes, the yellow wire with red stripe really does go to 12V+ with the key in the ON position, the engine running, and the transmission in gear (forward or reverse). I verified this with a mutli meter and explains why the ACR will not combine when we are underway (and I get the blinking green LED).

I might have to take your suggestion to connect the SI wire to the starter positive lug since that would be a lot easier than trying to find a relay under the dash due to my sub box taking up all the room under there.

Thanks again.

Al