Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default impeller replacement

Did you remove your pump as a whole?

I looked at this last year and could not see the best way to remove the pump. I have 2005 LSV with 320 TBI.

Can others share there exp with replacing the impleller(maybe some pics)?

Default Replying to Topic 'impeller replacement'

There should be 4 screws holding a plate on to the front of the impeller housing. Remove these screws and take the plate off. There should be a gasket there as well. Get a pair of pliers or two and work the old impeller out. Lube up the housing before putting your new one in. Hope that helps.

Radryan
    If your boat is an 05 I would not even touch it.If you do decide to replace it and have trouble pulling out the impellor.Discount Inboard Marine sells a puller for it.www.skidim.com. Item Number : 41203.Hope this helps.
    John

Thanks for the tips guys. Actually I got as far as removing the cover for the impleller. Problem was I left the pump on while doing this and mine was on the back of the engine very close the transom wall.

I was working blind and in no way could see the impleller without a mirror. I had enough room to get my hand in there but no plyers or tools(had to use stubby philips to get the screws off).

I was really wondering which bolts remove the whole pump housing and if anyone has gone this effort to pull the impleller.

Radryan

It sound like you have a V-Drive. If this is so, all you need to do is take the pump out of the boat.. I do this by removing the 3 cap screws on the pump in the center of the pulley that is on the bottom pulley. Then on the bottom of the pump housing is another cap screw, pull that one and you should be able to get the pumpout of the boat
    and on a bench. If you have a vise, place the flange in the vise to hold the pump, remove the 4 screws that you found in your last post. Then use a pair of needlenose pliers or visegrips to pull the impeller out of the housing. To replace just reverse the above steps. The first time that I did this it took me about 30 minutes to do. Hope that this helps and good luck, let us know how it goes.

Tygger

Thanks Tygger I didn't look close enough last winter and this spring I could getat the pump and used the 3 bolts. In and out no problems.

I looked at the mx checklist list in the manual and in the index. Nothing listed about impellers. Why are you pulling one out of an 05?

SD2
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

So I know how to get it out. They recommend that you pull the impeller each year before winter. I got my 05 in Sept last year and did not do this so I wanted to know how to for this winter and just in case it got plugged this year during the season.

Ed, This has probably been discussed but what do you mean by repack the shaft seal.

I finally got mine out after spraying a little wd-40 and bumping the starter. I ordered two from discount inboard and they will be in later this week. The one I removed was probably the orginal one. I recently purchased the boat 02 and by the way it looked it needed to be replaced.

As for the impeller, do you need to use any sort of silicon or sealing compound for the gasket?