Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Where does the ballast drain?

This may be a stupid question but....

I have a 2010 Moomba LSV that I traded for. My old Supra Launch had the Bertha system with drain holes for ballast on the side of the boat. When we drained the bags, water went out the side holes (like the bilge).

I filled the sacs for the first time yesterday and then drained them after we rode. They drained... the boat got lighter... I know the water was gone... BUT does it pump back out the bottom? If so, why do I have three drain ports on the side of the boat? Two on the right and one on the left....

You are correct. They drain out thru the pick ups. The three holes in the side are vent / overflow
    Hope this helped
    REALLY????

Where do the vents attach to the bags on the 2011 xlv i looked at.Had the air plug in the vent holes, so kinda confused
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Typically the bags have three holes. One on the bottom and 2 on the top. The bottom one should be a 1" to fill. One of the tops is plugged and the other is a vent. On my boat all the connections are in the rear and the front vent is capped
    REALLY????

That makes sense.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

My 2009 Mobius Lsv does not drain out the side either.. I have the middle bag half full don't hear a pump running so I turned it off.. But I will see if it drains there... Meet up with a fellow member yesterday his 08 drained out of the side holes
    2009 Moomba LSV..Kenwood Head unit Kicker subs and 4 wet Sound tower speakers..3 kicker amps.. Green and Black ( green like the payments black like my eye when i brought it home ) lol J/K

Quote Originally Posted by Gottop69 View Post
    My 2009 Mobius Lsv does not drain out the side either.. I have the middle bag half full don't hear a pump running so I turned it off.. But I will see if it drains there... Meet up with a fellow member yesterday his 08 drained out of the side holes
    I believe 2009 is when moomba went to reversible pumps. So on your boat, the water drains back out the same way it came in - thru the intake under the boat. On the pre-08's, there is a separate drain pump that drains the water out thru the side thru hulls. The side thru hulls in your system is to let the air vent out of the bags and gives the water a place to go if the bag is full and the pump is still running (since the pumps are on timers).
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    I believe 2009 is when moomba went to reversible pumps. So on your boat, the water drains back out the same way it came in - thru the intake under the boat. On the pre-08's, there is a separate drain pump that drains the water out thru the side thru hulls. The side thru hulls in your system is to let the air vent out of the bags and gives the water a place to go if the bag is full and the pump is still running (since the pumps are on timers).
    ok so Do I still have to prime it to empty it???

Sorry to high jack the thread
    2009 Moomba LSV..Kenwood Head unit Kicker subs and 4 wet Sound tower speakers..3 kicker amps.. Green and Black ( green like the payments black like my eye when i brought it home ) lol J/K

Quote Originally Posted by Gottop69 View Post
    ok so Do I still have to prime it to empty it???

Sorry to high jack the thread
    No prime to empty.

The priming is from when you pull the boat out of the water the water is drained from the pump to the hull and you have to refill that section of hose, hince the primming.

Also since you have Jabsco type pumps they have a much better suction to pull the water into them with the impellors, the Areator and Tsunami pumps the 08 and older boats have the pump needs thats forced water to push the air out of the blades so it can start pumping water. Other wise is will get the Air lock people talk about.

Jabscos are much more efficent at pumping and draining then what i have but the nice things about the pumps i have is if i forget and leave them on, no big deal no damage done.

Jabscos will burn out the impellors and your stuck buying new ones.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    No prime to empty.

The priming is from when you pull the boat out of the water the water is drained from the pump to the hull and you have to refill that section of hose, hince the primming.

Also since you have Jabsco type pumps they have a much better suction to pull the water into them with the impellors, the Areator and Tsunami pumps the 08 and older boats have the pump needs thats forced water to push the air out of the blades so it can start pumping water. Other wise is will get the Air lock people talk about.

Jabscos are much more efficent at pumping and draining then what i have but the nice things about the pumps i have is if i forget and leave them on, no big deal no damage done.

Jabscos will burn out the impellors and your stuck buying new ones.
    Ok So I can hear them filling the pump comes on.. Draining I hear nothing but switch light is on??/ What is this