Default Heater Install Complete - Whew

My heater install is complete. I followed Al's post to the letter. It definately gave me the courage to tackle it on my own.

I would say it took me about 25 hours to complete. The hardest part was getting the plugs out of the engine. Locating the holes for the vents was stressful but the drilling the four inch holes went easy. I'm really pleased with the result.

PS I found working under the helm to be extremely difficult. The chip on the outside of the vent happened when I back one of the screw out to center the vent. I will fill it with white caulking soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

Jamie, where did you put the switch and did you get the "y" fitting.

Nice work. when did you get time with all this rain. ugh...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I used the last factory switch as some suggested. Just add the tabs that came with the kits and slip them over the metal prongs for the last unused switch. The power is already there so its a snap.

Then attached the black wire to the grounding station/bus under the helm.

I've been on this project for two weeks and had to have it done for the first long weekend tomorrow.

I went without the Y fitting. Our OBV didn't have the Y and we were pleased with the heat without it.
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

Great job Jamie, looks great! Glad my post helped out.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

What are you guys using to line the hole in the footbed where the hoses are run through so as not to rub on the fiberglass???

Thanks

Grant
    2006 Mobius LSV 325 hp MPI Indmar
    2005 6L Silverado 1500HD Quadrasteer
    MODS: Polk DB651's Cabin Speakers, 10" Polk MM1040 Sub in a custom sub box, Kicker ZXM700.5 5 channel Amp, EZ net cargo nets, ACME 1847 Prop, 4 outlet Heatercraft Heater

Quote Originally Posted by Grant M View Post
    What are you guys using to line the hole in the footbed where the hoses are run through so as not to rub on the fiberglass???

Thanks

Grant
    I used a 2" plastic grommet, the kind they use in desks to trim cord access holes. Got mine at Home Depot.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

X2 on the grommets. Lowes is closer for me.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold