Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Has anyone ran heater vents to the passenger side?

I'm thinking about T-ing off one of my vent tubes and running it to the passenger side, so there is a pull-out tube under the passenger seat. Just curious if anyone has done this before, and if running a length that long will need an additional fan or anything - or if it will even work at that length.

My thought is that I'd have to run it up through the bow and back down.
    2013 Outback V

There was talk of this but in the end if you just run them down the drivers side and exit at the floor, the tubs will extend to the passenger side and then no need to run them all the way around. Also with the these tubes unless you changed them to a hard tube anything that presses on them would flatten them cutting off air flow.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I was thinking something like PVC for the long runs, tucked up in the space between the outer hull and the top cap, so its out of the way. Its a pipe dream at the moment (pun intended!)
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    I was thinking something like PVC for the long runs, tucked up in the space between the outer hull and the top cap, so its out of the way. Its a pipe dream at the moment (pun intended!)
    Ian,

I think you'd almost need to run PVC because with the flex hose, I think that you would not have much air flow left but the time it went around the bow.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

why the need with the pull out tubes...?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Totally agree
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Why not? Mostly because they don't reach to the back seat. I don't know, just thinking of another project. I'm also working on adding a pump to drain my cooler; why? 'cause.
    2013 Outback V

Ian, i put one behind the drivers seat.

Never mind, forgot you have a dd. Duh.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

To start off, I don't have heat in my boat so I don't have any experience with it. But instead of running a heater tube up and all the way around the bow, why not just add a second heater to passenger side? I would think running water lines would be easier,more compact (than larger air hoses) and better heat output. Draw back is maybe cost, labor? and packaging the second heater core. How much will the air cool between the heater core and the outlet if the hose runs around the bow, kinda a long way for air. Just adding to your food for thought.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

Default It works just fine Guys

I put a 4 vent system in and I ran one around the open bow to under the passenger side. It works just fine with just the tubing they give you.
    Matt Glenn