Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What krypt hlcd do you have?

I had the bullet coaxial last year and switched to the krypt 6.5 hlcd this year. The aluminum had to be trimmed a bit but not much.

From what I have read the kicker is also a good option. I also believe the wetsounds coaxial fits with some trimming. There are two wetsounds models, you would want the higher powered one. You should be able to search for pics of all of these setups. I can show pics of bullet and krypt.

I have the flat back 4 can roswell, fwiw.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I have the 7.7 krypt.

I also don't want to spend too much money on the new setup, so Im trying to use the money from the sale of the krypts for the new setup. Don't need to go over the top since we only use the boat on weekends 2 months out of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by matt75 View Post
    I have the roswell pods with 3 light setup. The 6500.2 wasn't a drop in. The kicker horns flare out and won't clear the inner aluminum mounting circle where the stock kickers were. I had to cut out about 1/4 inch on each pod to get the 6500.2 to fit properly.

I used a dremel with cut wheel, followed by sanding wheel on the cuts I made.
    Do you have some pictures? There has been other threads on what changes are needed for them to fit in the 4 can bars.

Quote Originally Posted by loudsubz View Post
    I have the 7.7 krypt.

I also don't want to spend too much money on the new setup, so Im trying to use the money from the sale of the krypts for the new setup. Don't need to go over the top since we only use the boat on weekends 2 months out of the year.
    get the krypt 6.5 for about 200 per pair on ebay and they should be a direct fit , and sell the 8" on ebay for the same. Of course if you like the sound.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HLCD-WAKEBOARD-T...item35b29b504e

kicker hlcd will work as well
    Last edited by jmvotto; 06-08-2011 at 11:05 PM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    Do you have some pictures? There has been other threads on what changes are needed for them to fit in the 4 can bars.
    Boats in the shop and I didn't take any install pics. The horns require the most cutting of the roswell setup. The back of the horns are small, and then fan out. There are several 'strips' on the horn that interfere with the larger mounting surface of the roswell pods. When I first got them, the horn sat about 1/2 inch above flush in the pod if I remember correctly.
    I would suggest the method MLA used as a dremel wasn't fun. it's pretty thick aluminum and be careful of the weld points on the mount surface.

My supra is a 2007 and you can see the 6500.2 in my avitar/pics section. The wires hanging down in the pic are for the 'soon to be installed' 55w light to led conversion I bought from roswell.

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    get the krypt 6.5 for about 200 per pair on ebay and they should be a direct fit , and sell the 8" on ebay for the same. Of course if you like the sound.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HLCD-WAKEBOARD-T...item35b29b504e

kicker hlcd will work as well
    You got it! Cheap solution if you are happy with your current setup. If you do alot of wakeboarding you are likely going to miss hlcd's if you go to coaxials.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Thank you for the compliment. Yes, I do have a shop and do marine audio and other accessories like ballast.
    Thought you might. Thanks for the time you spend on this forum and the solid advice that you give. It's very much appreciated! What's the name of your shop in case forum members in your area want to stop in?
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Thought you might. Thanks for the time you spend on this forum and the solid advice that you give. It's very much appreciated! What's the name of your shop in case forum members in your area want to stop in?
    Well, thank you, im just happy to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by matt75 View Post
    Boats in the shop and I didn't take any install pics. The horns require the most cutting of the roswell setup. The back of the horns are small, and then fan out. There are several 'strips' on the horn that interfere with the larger mounting surface of the roswell pods. When I first got them, the horn sat about 1/2 inch above flush in the pod if I remember correctly.
    I would suggest the method MLA used as a dremel wasn't fun. it's pretty thick aluminum and be careful of the weld points on the mount surface.

My supra is a 2007 and you can see the 6500.2 in my avitar/pics section. The wires hanging down in the pic are for the 'soon to be installed' 55w light to led conversion I bought from roswell.
    It seems that we may have different cans. Here is a thread that I posted pics of the '10 bar. https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=14774&page=2