Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What speakers for my Roswell tower?

I might be downgrading from my krypt HLCD. Last year I ran them on our 2010 LSV but we also had the stock roswell tower with 4 cans because we liked the light portion of the bar so much. I was forced to put my krypts on the top of the tower and it was fine for the most part but we have a bridge we go under and this year the water has risen and we can't clear it.

I have put my krypts up for sale and I was looking at just using the stock 4 can setup with better speakers inside. I originally wanted the Bullet 650 Coax but they are sold out and on backorder so I am not sure when they will be available.

Are there any other decent drop ins that will give me good output that is almost comparable to the HLCD?

what roswell cans do you have? i did a mod on my roswell cans, with a pair of Exile SX65 coaxial, and they sound good ( so far, still have to tune). you can see it here:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=15090
    2010 Outback, minor upgrades and a whole bunch of family fun. Lets Ride

You need to check out the Kicker KM6500.2 system It is designed for boaters in your exact situation. They should drop right in to your existing Roswell pods. They are an HLCD setup, but the separate horn and continuous 6.5" mid-base woofer delivers great volume out to the rider, yet pleasant sounding near-field music.

The Exile XS65c in-boat speaker is not an ideal choice for a tower setup, especially if you are looking to keep the level of distance you are getting out of your other HLCDs.

http://www.kicker.com/km65002

Exile was the first thing thst came to mind.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

The Roswell 4 can

Quote Originally Posted by loudsubz View Post
    The Roswell 4 can

Looks like you got the Kicker components. You can either leave the remote tweeter as a dummy to fill the hole, or, pop them out and replace them with some puck style LED pods. $.02

MLA,

From your replies to audio related posts on this forum, it's obvious that you are very knowledgeable on the subject. I was just wondering if you run a stereo shop or are otherwise in the business?

Just curious.

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    You need to check out the Kicker KM6500.2 system It is designed for boaters in your exact situation. They should drop right in to your existing Roswell pods. They are an HLCD setup, but the separate horn and continuous 6.5" mid-base woofer delivers great volume out to the rider, yet pleasant sounding near-field music.

The Exile XS65c in-boat speaker is not an ideal choice for a tower setup, especially if you are looking to keep the level of distance you are getting out of your other HLCDs.

http://www.kicker.com/km65002
    I have the roswell pods with 3 light setup. The 6500.2 wasn't a drop in. The kicker horns flare out and won't clear the inner aluminum mounting circle where the stock kickers were. I had to cut out about 1/4 inch on each pod to get the 6500.2 to fit properly.

I used a dremel with cut wheel, followed by sanding wheel on the cuts I made. They do sound awesome though. Drop Phil a line. I believe he recommended the ix500.2 amp for them.

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    MLA,

From your replies to audio related posts on this forum, it's obvious that you are very knowledgeable on the subject. I was just wondering if you run a stereo shop or are otherwise in the business?

Just curious.

Thanks,

Al
    Thank you for the compliment. Yes, I do have a shop and do marine audio and other accessories like ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by matt75 View Post
    I have the roswell pods with 3 light setup. The 6500.2 wasn't a drop in. The kicker horns flare out and won't clear the inner aluminum mounting circle where the stock kickers were. I had to cut out about 1/4 inch on each pod to get the 6500.2 to fit properly.

I used a dremel with cut wheel, followed by sanding wheel on the cuts I made. They do sound awesome though. Drop Phil a line. I believe he recommended the ix500.2 amp for them.
    Thanks for the heads-up. The last set of Roswell pods I did was an older set with just the Kicker KM coax, not the components, and the cut out was just wide enough. I have also run into a couple aftermarket pods that needed the opening enlarged. I found a jugsaw with a metal cutting blade worked real easy. Just tape the top of the pod and bottom of the saw so as to not scratch the pod. I do believe Kicker did a running change on the horn and it has a slightly smaller ID then the first. The new ones look a little different, but didnt have an older set on hand to measure. Maybe Phil can comment.