Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting there

Default Getting there

Worked on getting the wake dialed in for surfing. Definitely still got some work to do to clean up that mush on the wave. Didn't get any video of it but at one point the goofy side was crazy sick.

I need to work on my ballast setup because for some reason when I fill up my one of my bags through the GIII they all fill up. I may dig into it today and check my "sprinkler system" and valves. So then they all fill up and then I have to drain the other side from surf. Takes way too long. So I got tired of filling ballasts and had kids getting restless in the boat, so it was time to surf. I think I was only 3/4 full surf vlocker and 3/4 full basement. Definitely need more list. Might get a Tsunami and a 400#er to put on surf side corner seat this week for labor day weekend.

Anyways finally yesterday got the feeling of push and how to work with it. Then at the end of both videos I was able to let go of the rope for a bit

2013 Tige RZR w/ConvexVX, WetSounds Rev10s, 6x650s, Syn4 and Syn6 amps.
    Surf Quiver 4x Brigade Wakesurfing Surf Boards- Aviator, Zulu, .352 Special, Bomber
    Victoria Skim 2xGremlins, 2x Agents, 1 Factor, 1 Pixie Bri Chmel Pro Model

You are definitely getting there and looking comfortable on the board. The wave is still pretty washed out. Some folks have used plastic garbage cans or bins as a cheap way to add ballast in order to figure out what they need. If you could get another 200 lbs. or so on the surf side I think that wave would clean up. Ideally you get a 750 bag for that rear corner though. Good progress so far though. I think you should shorten that rope by about 6 feet so you aren't fighting it so much.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thanks Kane,

I have a 750#er in both v-lockers. But like I am working on a thread in the Service and Repair area, my ballast system isn't working optimal, and with the kids getting antsy I thought it best to get in the water before I had a mutiny on my hands. My surf side 750 wasn't completely full. I am contemplating on purchasing a 400#er and a tsunami to put on the seat. The other thing I am thinking of is getting a bag to go under the seats on surf side and tie that into that GIII system.

My rope has two sections to it. I took one off and it was a lot shorter than the other section so maybe I just swap sections and that should be the right length. Wife is loving to drive though. She likes driving for wakesurfing way better than wakeboarding. Plus I am right there to talk to her and walk her through any changes.
    Surf Quiver 4x Brigade Wakesurfing Surf Boards- Aviator, Zulu, .352 Special, Bomber

If you do an extra bag on the surf side with a handheld to experiment with I'd suggest doing it on the floor, then have the kids/passengers sit on the same side and they can just rest their feet on it. The boat should still lean over enough with that added weight and then you're not giving up and seating or access to the cooler!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Solid tip, thanks man. Off to the classifieds

What speed are you going bro? Even with 750s not filled all the way as long as people stay on the surf side you can dial that in pretty easy. The regular side of the surf is much easier and forgiving. You might try a little faster speed and play with the wake plate. I try to always dial the wave in before people get in because once there in the wave its hard to see it clearly.

You are looking good though and i can see the wave grabing and pushing you at times when you hit the sweet spot.

Another thing to try when comming up on the surf wave is heel hard on the bard to cut wide when you first come up and get away from the wash then you wont be fighting to climb over that wave.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I think for most of the videos we were doing about 9-10 by gps, we tried 11 and turning about 4mins in on the first video and the wave cleaned up a little. With my wife driving and the kids getting restless is why I just jumped in the water. Tough to keep everyone happy. When I am the only one wakesurfing, and the kids want to get to the tube.

Makes sense about setting up the wave first. Looking at the videos its hard to see what its really doing with me on it. Thanks for the tip.

Video is awesome though and we started doing more this year. Its great to show people and your self what your doing out there so you can fix small issues. You look great on the board though, i think its just the wave holding you back man. Id put them kids in the tube first, wear there little butts out then tell them its Dads turn sit down and be nice to your mother while i ride or you dont get any more tubing today LOL But easy for me to say at this point as i dont have the kids yet haha
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Its tough too because I only have one child but I had my two nieces and my nephew with me as well. They don't always go on the boat so I wanted to make sure they have a good time.

I am hoping I look comfortable on the board. I surfed Santa Cruz and San Fransisco for 15 years. Just getting back into surfing and doing what I have done behind our new to us boat the last couple of weekends puts the biggest smile on my face. I want to get that wave cleaned up as I am confident I will get the surfing side down, its just getting the wave right to give me enough push to work with.

Its interesting though that at least so far there is a different feel to these waves than ocean waves. I love it all the same though. My wife says I have been a breeze to live with the last couple of weeks. I forgot how much I loved surfing after not doing it for 10 years, being landlocked in South Dakota.

My wife says I have been a breeze to live with the last couple of weeks.
    Now that's funny! Same that one for ammo in your sure-to-happen future upgrades.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...