Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I think everybody pulling tubes should only do it at idle-- this will conserve fuel for wakeboarding and surfing.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

20'ish seems safe for the kiddos. When I'm pulling in a "contest" (me vs the rider) I usually don't go more than 30 for fear of it just being too fast. Get them out in the flats and 30 feels pretty dang fast

I actually haven't pulled with the wakeboat but if you are using the pylon, i doubt there is much to worry about stress wise.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I think everybody pulling tubes should only do it at idle-- this will conserve fuel for wakeboarding and surfing.
    This is a very true and honest statement,tubes should be only for kids under the age of 5

When we first got a tube (probably almost 20 years ago at this point), my uncle would be driving people (adults) over 34 or so. Some of the huge welts they got on crashes were legendary.

They realized pretty quickly that was a little too fast.

Quick question does anyone tow a tube from the tower? Would depend on the weight on the tube I would imagine. With a direct drive it would allow people to sit in the back just curious.
    Lake Bound
    2002 Moomba Outback LS
    Indmar, Carb

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Bound View Post
    Quick question does anyone tow a tube from the tower? Would depend on the weight on the tube I would imagine. With a direct drive it would allow people to sit in the back just curious.
    Not generally accepted as a towable tow point, the stresses can cause some major damage and possible injury depending on what failed.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    LMAO.... This is the exact same response I had.

We out last weekend and there must have been 15-20 tubers in our ski-wakeboard cove. I was going to fill the surf ballast up and surf but my wife wouldn't let me.
    Patrick
    '08 Mobius LS. 4 Blade OJ 13x13 Prop.
    Kenwood KMR440U & RC107MR, T600-2 Rockford Fosgate powering 2 Liquid Acoustics 8" HLCD, Kicker SKM10 subwoofer
    5 light- light bar.
    2015 RAM 3500HD Dually 6.7 Diesel w/ Aisin 6 speed tranny
    Live life today!

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Bound View Post
    Nooooooooo!!!!!

Probably be the same force as getting a larger guy up on a slalom ski......

Not worth the risk in my opinion.
    Skylar18
    2007 Sunsport 22V

Quote Originally Posted by saskie99 View Post
    This is a very true and honest statement,tubes should be only for kids under the age of 5
    thats why I do 48 for anyone with balls enough to tube behind my boat will not do it twice!!! Just ask my buddy tyler that swore up and down I couldn't dump him within 5 minutes

he made it 12 seconds
    2007 Outback V

Cool

5 minutes? Wow that took you a long time to dump him. Once you know how to pull a tuber to give a gentle or wild ride they plain and simply are at the mercy of the driver. I'm not a betting person but i WILL Take ANYONES money that bets i can't dump them. I HAVEN"T LOST YET. Its also not just about speed,Double ups etc can do the trick just as well. Just be courteous to other boaters and do it well away in open water away from shore as yes your gonna churn up the water pretty good doing it.
    07 Outback DD