Hybrid View

Default Pulling tubes - how fast?

What is the average speed pulling a tube behind the boat? 20 mph or less?

Regularly my wife and I wake surf and wakeboard, but never tried tubing. We are thinking of picking one up and giving it a try.
    2009 Moomba Mobius LSV Liquid Force. Indmar 340HP CAT

20 mph max for safety reasons pulling people on the tube. Plenty fast enough if you know how to drive properly. Anything higher and you can really hurt somebody.

Of course I am sure there are people that pull much faster and no one got hurt. I just remember doing some research afther I hurt a kid (concussion) on a tube and found the 20 mph recommendation.

Of course this is an alleged response as I would never admit doing something as uncool as tubing behind a wakeboard boat.
    Skylar18
    2007 Sunsport 22V

Thats what I was thinking. Not only for safety, but also thinking of stress to the rear tow pylon at faster speeds.

Under 20mph but In smooth water pull it as fast as you can until it pops. In less than ideal wakeboarding conditions where there are no wakeboarders you can do all the power turns and figure eights you want.

speed always depends on whether i like the person on the tube and if that person is going to pull me on the tube I am nice to him.. I pull kids at 20 or less, adults faster

Whould it be a bad idea to fill the ballast bags? Thinking of making some good double ups