Default Everything wired to stereo bank, but works on start bank?

Ok, so quick question, here is a rough paint sketch of how my stuff is wired. Everything works fine, but I'm stumped on something. I have all of my accessories running to my dual batt stereo bank, and nothing but a main lead from the 1 position on the switch to my starting bank and the main ground from the engine. Can someone explain why everything still functions when the switch is in position 1? My stereo bank is only tied to the starting batt by a ground, there is not a common hot between the two. Am I missing something here?

Again, this is just a quick mock up, I didn't mess with adding in the fuses etc. Mainly just trying to confirm that my stereo is isolated from the starting based on that config. I'm confident everything is correct, based on all the diagrams here, there are only a few small variations, I'm just confused as to how/why all accessories work when the acc. bus is ran directly to bank 2, and my head unit is drawing power directly from the acc. bus that runs to the breaker, which then runs to stereo bank. For some reason, I was thinking in position 1, all I would be able to do is start, and have no accessories.

2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

BTW, I'm ok with everything working in the 1 position, as long as while I am in #2 the crank battery is completely out of the loop!
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Im expert in this but as i understand it with the VSR it is isolating your banks in 1 position and using only bank 2 of the system. The switch isnt an Off switch for a bank its an isolation.

I know on my Perko it did exactly what your saying yours is doing and with my new VSR i can still run bank 2 while on selected 1. I think what this does is when selector is on 1 its isolating bank 1 as the starter bank, and when your bank 2 goes dead then you can still start the boat.

If you put the sector on Both then it drains everything in the boat. I might be wrong but thats how i understood this system.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Right, but I would think since it all runs to 2, 1 wouldn't allow any accessories to work.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

From your drawing everything on you acc side is wired directly to the batteries, so it will always have power. The switch is just there to completely isolate everything from starting battery, as well as combines it with your acc battery. The switch should have no effect on your accesories except when you have them combined.

I think thats what you're asking...

Unless when your acc buss breaker is tripped and you still have power, then you have something wrong.
    Last edited by newty; 06-07-2011 at 12:23 PM.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Ok, so quick question, here is a rough paint sketch of how my stuff is wired. Everything works fine, but I'm stumped on something. I have all of my accessories running to my dual batt stereo bank, and nothing but a main lead from the 1 position on the switch to my starting bank and the main ground from the engine. Can someone explain why everything still functions when the switch is in position 1? My stereo bank is only tied to the starting batt by a ground, there is not a common hot between the two. Am I missing something here?

Again, this is just a quick mock up, I didn't mess with adding in the fuses etc. Mainly just trying to confirm that my stereo is isolated from the starting based on that config. I'm confident everything is correct, based on all the diagrams here, there are only a few small variations, I'm just confused as to how/why all accessories work when the acc. bus is ran directly to bank 2, and my head unit is drawing power directly from the acc. bus that runs to the breaker, which then runs to stereo bank. For some reason, I was thinking in position 1, all I would be able to do is start, and have no accessories.

Evrything works because this switch only regulates which battery is being charged from the alternator and therfore starts the engine. The vsr allows automatic sensing and charging of the other batteries
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Unless when your acc buss breaker is tripped and you still have power, then you have something wrong.
    Nope, power is then interrupted. Like I said, everything functions, I guess my main question after all that, is that with my configuration, when I am at the beach and my switch is on #2 with this setup, I am truly only running on my dual stereo bank and the crank is entirely out of the equation.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold