Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Suspension seat base and riser?

I have my upholstery out right now about to have it redone. I am sticking with the same colors, might change the pattern a little. Mostly to freshen it up and unify it as there had been repairs with the previous owner.

I have been thinking about a different drivers seat base due to mostly sitting on the seats fold up bolster when driving. I never sit down in the seat even though I am 6'1". I always get catalogs in the mail. This time Surplus Center for those not familiar. There was a base for a tractor with mechanical suspension (3.5" of adjustable travel with damping and rebound control. It has sliders already built in. The overall height is 7" extended so the gain will raise my seat the amount I desire. I plan to add a Garelick swivel on that. I have been contemplating it for a few months. I see that Smooth move seats make a pedestal with the same suspension mechanism for quite a bit more. I do like the idea of taking the shock out of the ride. Stay tuned.

Here is a link to the unit I bought. I have no affiliation with any of the above mentioned companies or products besides being a retail consumer.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mechanic...UAAOSwixtXQ6Rf
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection

Hmmm.... Interested to see how this plays out. Keep us updated.
    2019 Moomba Mojo

Will do, with pics of course, or it didnt happen I know it would be nice to take the shock out of my back when I nail the throttle in the chop. It wont help the other poor souls though.

I ordered it Sunday. It arrived Tuesday by 1:00 pm with free shipping!

Here are a few mock ups on the original Outback base. The seat base has a height adjustment which I try to show at max travels.

It still has 3.5" of travel regardless of the height setting. It is adjustable for weight too. A mountain bike shock would fit in there too if need be
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fastest1; 06-07-2016 at 03:04 PM.

I should have never said mountain bike shock. That got me thinking, remote reservoir, adjustable rebound and compression damping? I probably have 1 of those around here somewhere

A few more pics in the boat. The base is placed where it is mounted originally. After I get the seat back and installed I might move the base back 1 set of screws, maybe 3"?

looks promising. can't wait to see the install.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Yes, very cool. Nice to have everything ripped out when you are attempting to get this right.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Yes, very cool. Nice to have everything ripped out when you are attempting to get this right.
    I have had the carpeting out thinking LineX was going down til I got the price! My Miner's Moss should be here in a few days. Upholstery some time late next week.

Ok, got my boat back from the upholstery shop. They did a pretty decent job. Trying to decide patterns and colors is a test of patience. I forgot to take a picture of the drivers seat. Carpet should be here later in the week.