Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

yep, $9 5" C Clamp From Bloomfield Hardware..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Quote Originally Posted by 04OUTBACK View Post
    Didn't tow any riders, but I was very pleased with the results of putting the prop on!
    Did it eliminate the vibrations from the on wake board prop? Mine makes alot of noise and I'm not sure if it is the normal amount of noise of it something else is wrong haha
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I was very pleased at the difference! Smoother, quieter...
    Lake was rough so I didn't try top end but ran up over 4000 rpm.
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

David - if you switch to an Acme prop you will eliminate the growl on takeoff. I've made the switch on two boats now (Outback and now LSV) and the growl went away once I ditched the OJ's.
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback

Hey Al,
    thanks for the info on the prop. we got too close to the trailer loading in a storm last year and the prop is not repairable. i had 2 OJ props, but i think i will go this way, so far sound like the best fit for my preference. guess ill start looking for where to buy one.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

Quote Originally Posted by TL7 View Post
    David - if you switch to an Acme prop you will eliminate the growl on takeoff. I've made the switch on two boats now (Outback and now LSV) and the growl went away once I ditched the OJ's.
    yeah but the thing is i am not sure if my growl is the normal growl or if it is more severe. you mention a take off growl...my growls all the time. you get up around 20-30 mph it gets harder to hear due to wind and water noise but i still hear it. i guess i just need someone who had the growl and swapped props to fix it to ride in my boat so i can verify its the same growl lol. i just feel mine is more severe then what is described on here
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

After using my 2006 OBV with the stock prop since the day we pulled it off the lot, I decided to finally change the prop to something more suited to where we live...

We boat at ~6500ft and I knew that the boat wasn't propped right (even though the dealer told us back then "...it'll be fine..."). I never felt it was a big deal, because for one I had nothing to really compare it to and the boat simply 'felt fine'. Skiing at ~36 was good and compared to other boats it pulled me out reasonably fast.

After reading all the great info in this thread and forum, I called Jim @ ACME and his recommendation, based on the info I could give him, was the 1847. He was great to talk to and I am amazed at how he simply nailed it, with his recommendation!!

My brother-in-law dinged up his (stock - Mobius XLV) prop the weekend before and I told him to send it to Nettle Props to see if they can repair it, to use it as a spare.
    He checked with JT about the 1847 and JT said it was a great choice, so we went ahead and ordered 2 of them...

Got them installed, last night. We were a bit pressed for time, but took the OBV out for a quick test-drive and we were sitting there amazed at how butter-smooth this boat is now. It doesn't need any time to pop out of the hole and planes out incredibly fast. In fact it felt like it planed the moment I hit the throttle; definitely not the case before.
    The entire throttle range feels great and the we can now hit the target 5000 RPM, which before was not possible.

The other good news is that I gained about 2-3 MPH, the lake was kind of lumpy so we will have to see what happens when we find some glass, might be even more, then...
    Can't wait to try it out further and see if it changed the skiing wake at all...

The moral of the story: If you boat at altitude and you are running the stock prop, you are probably missing out a bit. Don't ignore it, like I did, for too long!

Kudos to Jim @ ACME Propellers & JT at nettleprops.com!!!

Hey obv06 where are you from? There are not a lot of Places to boat at 6500. I get to some higher places but mostly I'm closer to 5600. Which stock prop did you have? A Wakeboard prop or 3 blade?
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

Default New Acme 1847 Install

Went out last night to try my new Acme 1847 prop and WOW! I love it. It is everything that I was told. Now my old prop (a stock 4 blade OJ 14 x 1 was a little on the rough side. But this new ACME took out all the vibration I was getting under heavy load and it is sooo much faster getting to wakeboarding speed. Smooth is the best word!

I was running with 2 rear 400 lbs ballast and one say 600 in the front with 4 people in the boat.

Just can't say enough about it. Best mod I have done. Also send out the good service star to JT at Nettle Props. Great Price Quick delivery.

Thanks to CAB13367 for the help with this test, It was great to have for helping with which prop to buy for me.
    Last edited by KCMobius; 07-23-2011 at 09:14 AM.
    2004 Mobius LSV

What are some real world differences between the 1433 and 1847 in terms of gas usage?