Default Surf Wave behind the old '99 OB

This is about as good of a wave as we can get behind our '99 Outback. Lots of playing around with position and weight. We've got 800 across the back, 600 on the surf side next to the doghouse and another 200 in the surf corner. I stand up in front of the pylon and it cleans the wave up. Kids are having a riot. I've got a little more room back there when I surf as well. Love this sport.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What a pocket Wayne! Much better than what I am working with quite honestly.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Waynes345 View Post
    This is about as good of a wave as we can get behind our '99 Outback. Lots of playing around with position and weight. We've got 800 across the back, 600 on the surf side next to the doghouse and another 200 in the surf corner. I stand up in front of the pylon and it cleans the wave up. Kids are having a riot. I've got a little more room back there when I surf as well. Love this sport.
    Waynes345 - Way to go! - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Deerfield - There is a really nice Wakesetter on ACL that is the only other boat out there surfing. We're aren't too far from them with the wave. Theirs is definitely longer, but not much taller. Now if I can just keep from swamping... No wake plate and no PP. I've found the best speed for us is just under 10 on the Garmin.
    Last edited by Waynes345; 06-06-2011 at 11:27 PM.

That thing is looking dang good.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Damn - that's a nice wake for a DD

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

how bad and often are you swamping the boat with that weight, would love to see a pic of the rub rail with your set up full...I have an '07 outback that I am still figuring out the right weight with...

Quote Originally Posted by psycho-heico View Post
    how bad and often are you swamping the boat with that weight, would love to see a pic of the rub rail with your set up full...I have an '07 outback that I am still figuring out the right weight with...
    I was joking about swamping, but do take one over the back on occasion. When the water is calm, I can pretty much stay dry, but when there are other boats out that are not cooperating and I have to get back to my rider, we'll ship some water. If it gets bad, I use one of the pumps in addition to the bilge and dump it back over the side. When I have it weighed down the way I want it, the rub rail is in the water and when we are under way pulling a wave, the water will be running over the top edge almost to the anchor light socket. Freaks my wife out, but we've been doing this for a couple years and are still floating. I'll see if I have a pic of the water at the side, but am by myself at the lake this weekend and won't be bagging up.

I have to twist arms these days to get somebody to ski with me. All they want to do is surf and I can't blame them, it's a blast. My son and daughter are both ripping it up and pulling 360's as well. Her is a pic of my son missing his. Good action shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Missed it by THAT much!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Great shot of the fall! lol.
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)