• 20-45 minutes

18 27.69%
  • 45-60 minutes

6 9.23%
  • 1 hour +

14 21.54%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travel time

20-25 min from the house when already loaded and ready to go.

Only 10 min from work and I can be pulling away from the launch! Trick is finding parking when I drag the boat to work with me in the morning...

It's hard to do sometimes but when I can I'll stop and top off the boat on the way home from a trip as opposed to on the way out. Can't tell you how many times I've sat in line waiting at the pumps while the sun is shining and the ice in the cooler is melting (along with my patience).
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

About 10 minutes to get from my house and have the boat in the water. Anywhere you live in this area is no more than 10 minutes away.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I'm surprised to see how many people travel over a hour to get to the water.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

I am 6 miles from the lake. Very handy. River is closer by if the lake gets to low on me. Would rather be on the lake though. Very clean.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

assuming we are loaded up and ready we can be on the water on 1 of 6 different lakes within 45-60 minutes.
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

2 hours travel time from the driveway to camp at the lake, 2.5 if i'm pulling the wagon train with the camper and the boat.
    08 XLV

80 minutes to the lake house and a 100 yd trip from their.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body!
    2009 Outback V

If I don't have to put gas in the boat it takes about 5 minutes to get boat out of the garage and hook to truck. From there I'm in the water in 10 minutes. If boat is already in the water and tied to the dock it takes about 2 minutes to walk from house to dock.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

30. Most in the area that have a place on the lake drive to KY/TN area for pristine water in the mountains but it's 4hrs away!!!! I told them I would love a place there and could do it but couldn't imagine putting up with four kids for 4hrs each way for a weekend. Now with gas prices it's even better to stay local.

If i go to the dirty lake it is 15 min to the storage unit and 10 to the lake. I only go there if i am only making a morning run. Other lakes are 1hr 15 min to 1 hr 30 min. I like the 1 hr 30 lake since it stays calm almost all day.

We take the time because we love being on the water with our Moomba's and sometimes the family but more of the Moomba.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill