Default Nautic Laugic NL4-PP GPS Install and review

I installed the Nautic Laugic NL4-PP (PerfectPass) into my 2004 Gravity XLV. Here is the install guide for anyone interested http://ddixonphotography.com/nl4-pp%20install.pdf.

I was looking to upgrade the PerfectPass that came with my Gravity XLV to Star Gazer. Since I had a single line display the upgrade cost was a lot. Then I found the Nautic Laugic option which saved me enough money compared to the Star Gazer for a new prop.

I must say I'm very happy with the product. No more calibrating the PerfectPass and dealing with the issues of a paddle wheel. It keeps a great consistent speed and smooth operation. I also hooked my speedometer into the NL4 so I have a GPS speedometer now as well.

Nautic Laugic is great to work with, very responsive to my emails. If your looking to get GPS accuracy with out a big hit to the pocketbook take a look at Nautic Laugic.

Wow, that looks like a great solution. I would love to have GPS based speed!
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

amazing.

$295 for the faster unit seems like a bargain compared to the pp gps unit since I am also someone that needs the upgraded 2-line display..

hmmmm....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Looks like a great product and reasonably priced compared to StarGazer.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Great write-up and clean install! Nice work!

PWI as usual...

Will the gps puck pick up the signal with it mounted under the dash? On my PP Stargazer, I put a piece of velcro on top of the puck, and stuck it under the dash and it seems to work well there. I haven't had any issues so far. I tried this because I didn't want to drill anything or fish wire and ideally not have the puck visible to clutter up the dash.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Great write-up and clean install! Nice work!
    Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    Will the gps puck pick up the signal with it mounted under the dash? On my PP Stargazer, I put a piece of velcro on top of the puck, and stuck it under the dash and it seems to work well there. I haven't had any issues so far. I tried this because I didn't want to drill anything or fish wire and ideally not have the puck visible to clutter up the dash.
    I don't know, any satellite receiver should have a clear view of the sky to have a good lock on the satellites. It might work but I think the speed and continued lock on satellites would be compromised.

Default Nautic Laugic NL4 PP GPS Install and review

Well i have been waiting for a long time to find something like this. Thanks for the links i am looking forward to try them out.

If you have any questions feel free to post. The Nautic Laugic support is also exceptional.