Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hse Wow

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    Or controlling the throttle manually...what are we thinking to spend $1,000 on such a device that will control speed. I guess it's just easier...hmmmm. Just like speed control devices, the HSE makes operating full control of the boat, including accessories, easier for secondary drivers which makes it less stressful, more eyes on the water, more enjoyable for the owner/operator who wants to hear music while boarding, and saves relationships (like Perfect Pass has)
    Yup, that's how i do that too. Haven't seen the need for pp either. been driving so long it's second nature and doesn't distract me at all. I can see where some benefit however.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I got use to driving all the way to FL from IL and back about 5X a year without cruise. We sure never had it on any of the boats either.

But, after pulling wakeboarders who want a consistent speed where you are just barely planed off (or just barely not planed off sometimes for kids), it is no fun to constantly work the throttle to maintain speed. I love PP. I want it to work right but I love it. Now I even use the cruise in the car some of the time.
    Last edited by kaneboats; 06-06-2011 at 06:19 PM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Its like a lot of things, you don't miss it until you've had it and then don't have it. Its like non stretch rope, never missed it until I skied behind a buddies boat who had stretch line and it felt like I was on a rubber band.....and the speed was up ,down up down...no perfect pass as well.......I managed but then realized how spoiled I am , so why not go all the way

Hell I'd go with out the tunes before I'd go with out my H S E . .

.jk .
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 06-06-2011 at 07:23 PM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

On Sat. we had to throw the boat on the trailer and wait for a while due to a big storm with lightning. I put my camera, MP3 player, etc. in the truck then forgot to grab it when we relaunched. So I had only a few old CD's. I felt completely gypped when I didn't have all the tunes. Funny what you get used to. 2 boats ago I didn't really even have a working radio.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default boost box

boost box has an internal 3D accelerometer

boost box has updateable software and they keep trying to improve it, if you have one you think turns down too slow, see if they'll swap it out with the new software for you (has to be done at factory)

there are two models, one with an extruded alumninum case (smaller, looks more rugged) and a metalic plastic silver one (lower profile, wider, easier to mount). there have been some complaints tracked down recently, so they conformal coat the pc boards for the metal case now, the plastic case doesn't have the same problem

braon

Quote Originally Posted by braonm View Post
    boost box has an internal 3D accelerometer

boost box has updateable software and they keep trying to improve it, if you have one you think turns down too slow, see if they'll swap it out with the new software for you (has to be done at factory)

there are two models, one with an extruded alumninum case (smaller, looks more rugged) and a metalic plastic silver one (lower profile, wider, easier to mount). there have been some complaints tracked down recently, so they conformal coat the pc boards for the metal case now, the plastic case doesn't have the same problem

braon
    Gotta love a company that tests their product on their customers. lol

What ever happened to research and development.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

^cost it has become too expensive to test something before releasing it to the public.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    ^cost it has become too expensive to test something before releasing it to the public.
    I guess HSE went the extra mile then with R&D

I really didn't interpret the Boost Box re-programming comment as a negative. I think its awesome that they built a product with an open architecture so that software can be advanced without making older products obsolete. Think about it.
    In any case, we miss the HSE but since its gone we have positively moved on to the Boost Box.
    However, we have built a small memorial in our showroom honoring the HSE, may it rest in peace.

David
    Earmark Marine
    Odin
    Earmark Marine

studies are very successful. has done a good job.