Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hse Wow

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    I really didn't interpret the Boost Box re-programming comment as a negative. I think its awesome that they built a product with an open architecture so that software can be advanced without making older products obsolete. Think about it.
    In any case, we miss the HSE but since its gone we have positively moved on to the Boost Box.
    However, we have built a small memorial in our showroom honoring the HSE, may it rest in peace.

David
    Earmark Marine
    It would be nice to see a youtube video of the Boost Box in action with the latest firmware update.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    Or controlling the throttle manually...what are we thinking to spend $1,000 on such a device that will control speed. I guess it's just easier...hmmmm. Just like speed control devices, the HSE makes operating full control of the boat, including accessories, easier for secondary drivers which makes it less stressful, more eyes on the water, more enjoyable for the owner/operator who wants to hear music while boarding, and saves relationships (like Perfect Pass has)
    Totally not a valid comparison comparing PP to an HSE type device. The PP automates something that would otherwise require constant attention and even then, difficult to accomplish. As far as the HSE, I have a remote at the helm. As soon as my rider falls, I push the mute button then go pick him/her. Mute doesn't really mute, just turns it down about 90% so you can still hear the music. When ready to launch again, I hit the throttle then un-mute it right after PP takes over. It's now a matter of habit and I do it without even realizing it. So for me, paying $250 so I don't have to push mute/unmute is a waste of money.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Totally not a valid comparison comparing PP to an HSE type device. The PP automates something that would otherwise require constant attention and even then, difficult to accomplish. As far as the HSE, I have a remote at the helm. As soon as my rider falls, I push the mute button then go pick him/her. Mute doesn't really mute, just turns it down about 90% so you can still hear the music. When ready to launch again, I hit the throttle then un-mute it right after PP takes over. It's now a matter of habit and I do it without even realizing it. So for me, paying $250 so I don't have to push mute/unmute is a waste of money.
    That's just your opinion. All I basically said is the HSE makes driving easier and safer for secondary drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    That's just your opinion. All I basically said is the HSE makes driving easier and safer for secondary drivers.
    It's all good. I'm not arguing with you that it makes it easier for secondary drivers. Just sayin' it's not as big a help as PP but I guess it doesn't cost as much either. As David points out, not many people were willing to pay $250 for it (while lots of people ante up the $1000+ for PP) which kind of validates my point, and ultimate led to it's demise. But if you're willing to pay the $250, I'm sure it's a great device.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV