Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moomba Bimini vs. Z5 Cargo Rack

New to the forum and we are picking up our new 2010 LSV tomorrow afternoon. Just got the call tonight that the Z5 they thought they had for the boat, they don't have, but they have 2 wakeboard racks and a bimini they can install.

I really had my heart set on the Z5. I like the clean looks, ability to store boards or the towable on the top vs. having the bimini boot there when the top is not in use.

Any advice from the veterans out there? Bimini or Z5?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Do not let them mess with you. You want the Z-5. Tell them they can do whatever they want but you will bring the boat back in to them for the Z-5 or a refund in 2 weeks (or whatever you need to say to make sure you get it).
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Z5, Z5, Z5. Hold out for the Z5!!! It is one of the best features of my boat, IMO. Take advantage of the deal they can give you now, cause it will cost you an arm and a leg when you decide that you want it later, which you will.

Congratulations and welcome!
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Thanks for the fast replies! I know in my heart the Z5 is the way to go. Emailed the dealer tonight and told them not to bother scrambling around tomorrow to try to get a bimini installed. I don't like the looks of it and won't be happy in the long run. I have survived 30+ years of boating without a bimini, I can wait a couple more weeks to get the right one put on the boat.

Good man! Get what you want/paid for and hold out for the Z5. Don't let them install the OEM bimini as they, most likely, will have to drill into the tower to mount the brackets which will leave you with holes to fill once the Z5 goes on.

Make them give you a Moomba hat to cover your noggin' for the next few weeks until the Z5 arrives.

Welcome & congrats! Now, POST SOME PICS when you pick her up!

Anyone know what a replacement canvas for a Z5 goes for? Mine is wearing through on the top in a few places over the frame. I am guessing this is from towing with it of and having it vibrate? In any case I will probably have to replace it next year cause it is in pretty bad shape.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

That Z5 is one option the next boat will have.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I vote Z5 all the way, if youo don't use it for boards you can but a tube up there while under way..
    Rob Snyder...no not the actor!
    2011 Celestial Blue/Black Accent Moomba Mobius LSV, 340HP

Quote Originally Posted by millerda68 View Post
    New to the forum and we are picking up our new 2010 LSV tomorrow afternoon. Just got the call tonight that the Z5 they thought they had for the boat, they don't have, but they have 2 wakeboard racks and a bimini they can install.

I really had my heart set on the Z5. I like the clean looks, ability to store boards or the towable on the top vs. having the bimini boot there when the top is not in use.

Any advice from the veterans out there? Bimini or Z5?

Thanks in advance for any input.
    Don't let them substitute a bimini and 2 wakeboard racks for a Z5. The Z5 is worth a whole lot more and looks 100 times better than the bimini.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Yup... do the Z-5. Bimini and racks are not worth it.
    If your buying a new boat from Active there is no reason they couldn't get you the bimini. Don't let them give you the run-around. Get the Z-5, you'll alway wish you had if you don't.

PWI as usual...