Default New amp and sub in need of tune

Just wanted to say thanks to David at earmark for the suggestion on sub and amp choice. Amp is jl audio xd 700/5, and jl 13w1 sub. Started tuning in driveway but neighbors already complained. Said he can feel it in his house. So off to the lake to finish dialing everything in. 4 cabin speakers on channel 1,2. 2 bow speakers on 3,4 and sub on 5. Any quick tuning tips are appreciated. Thanks
    2008 Outback V Black & White

First make sure all head unit settings are flat, no treble, mids or sub changes. A starting baseline would be cabins on hp amp setting and frequency around 120. Sub on lp amp setting and frequency around 80. With these settings you can then tune to taste. Remember your sub box and type will dictate best sound so you may have to play around a bit.
    Last edited by Razzman; 06-03-2011 at 01:20 PM.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Elevated1,
    Thank you and that is always great to hear (or read in this case). With a subwoofer that has a 21 Hz resonance you are going to enjoy a different kind of 'fundamental-rich' bottom end that most have never heard. So I'm not surprised.
    As for tuning, you need to call me directly while you are on the boat so I can walk you through my process. Our methodology is a little different and more comprehensive for sure and will yield great results.

David
    Earmark Marine
    Odin
    Earmark Marine