Thread: fuel filter

Default fuel filter

2004 Mobius LX Having some hesitation issues. Anyone know where the fuel filter is located? I looked everywhere but under the rear ski locker at tank location. Thanks 350CI with TBI

Cool

Don't know where yours is in your boat. In my 07 Outback DD mine is behind a panel in the ski locker at the very back of the boat as is the resevoir for the wakeplate. Maybe yours is similar? It seams to vary in locations from boat to boat yr to yr,hopefuly yours is in your engine compartment,seems like the logical location? I know i was told about mine or i would never have found it.
    07 Outback DD

Default fuel filter

Thanks for the info. My filter is the inline type and is located behind the rear panel in the rear ski locker as is the res for wakeplate. Changed filter and fixed hesitation problem. Mobius is 7 years old with 180 hours. Wouldn't think filter would have been clogged but was.

gald you found the fix. FYI - most change this filter out at least every season.

Is this a 2004 Mobius LS? I have a 2001 OB LS which is same boat I think, with the 5.7 TBI assault and am having some vapor lock problems. I have been told to replace the fuel filter. The fuel filter that I have located and changed is a spin on filter right in the front left of the engine, closest to the driver seat. I am wondering if there is another one somewhere else that could be causing me problems. If you have a 2004 Mobius LS with same engine, please tell me a little more about where I can find this inline filter and how I can get to it. Thanks a ton!